Supported Permitted work question

When I started I kept £20 per week of my IS and the rest got deducted from my wages. If I resigned my job would my IS return to its original amount even though I left voluntarily?

I am also in receipt of DLA.

Comments

• When I started I kept £20 per week of my IS and the rest got deducted from my wages. If I resigned my job would my IS return to its original amount even though I left voluntarily?

I am also in receipt of DLA.
    That would depend on the circumstances and how the rules have changed in recent years. Your best bet would be to phone the DWP and ask.

I know many years ago, as a single parent, when I started to find it increasingly difficult to manage work, I was told that I could just give up work and go on IS - but there are a lot of changes taking effect and I'd hate to give anyone the wrong advice now.
    s/e
  • I would think so as permitted work is a scheme you opt into. Unless they decide you are fit for work you should be fine. I would include any resons for giving the work up (eg it was too much for you to manage) as this may smooth things along. If you're worried check with the CAB before you talk to th ebenefits agency.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure