Advise Needed

Options
Hi
I purchased a Memory Card from a seller with Power Seller rating and over 300 100% feedback. On trying to pay through PayPal I was forced to add a bank account instead of paying how I have always do with a Credit Card.
I phoned PayPal to see what the problem was a the said that their security program had flagged this transaction as one that could possibly have future problems and PayPal wont let me pay with a Credit Card and I would have to fund the transaction through my bank account. Although he did say that if I paid for another item then I could pay with a credit card. I asked bluntly if the seller was dodgy and he just repeated that above.

Does this mean that the seller is dodgy? Could he possibly have Chargebacks / Disputes filed over previous items? Do you think I should just contact seller and say I cant pay with PayPal and just take the neg?

Comments

• hjb123
    hjb123 Posts: 32,002 Forumite
    Options
    It could just be that it is a routine security check? I guess that there are so many dodge dealings going on now they will do random security checks on alot of purchases and payments.
    Weight Loss - 102lb
  • bubbaBlue88
    Options
    Thanks for your reply hjb123. It could be just routine but I will not be able to pay with a credit card and I will not pay through my bank account due to no come back. But why only on this seller and that this problem wont happen on another transaction with another seller?
  • hjb123
    hjb123 Posts: 32,002 Forumite
    Options
    Dont know on that one but thought is that if it is through paypal they get the money and will they know whether you have paid credit card or through your bank? Will it not just be that you have sent payment?
    Weight Loss - 102lb
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport