Free Letter From Santa (merged)

Options

Comments

• hopwoodboy
    Options
    Hi altojack - The Norad Tracks Santa site is operated by the US and Canadian military from Cheyenne Mountain in Colorado where for 364 days a year they do boring stuff like keeping track of space debris that can pose a risk to satellites, and look for missile launches from enemy countries. However, for one night a year, they have a MUCH more important job to do with all their super hi-tech gadgets, and that is to keep track of Santa whilst he's making his rounds.

The history of why they track Santa is at - http://www.norad.mil/about/Santa.html

We have the laptop on all Christmas Eve logged onto the NORAD site and my three daughters can see when he's getting close and when they should go to bed - it's about the only night of the year when we don't get any arguments (God Bless America (and Canada!!) lol) :grin:

I recall the actual site goes live sometime in early December and I think has a countdown timer to the big night and is another way to help keep the innocence of childhood and the wonders of Christmas alive for another year. Until then the site just redirects you to the NORAD homepage which maybe isn't the most festive of sites :huh:

Anyway, a bit early maybe, but I hope all MSE readers and staff have a wonderful, peaceful and happy Christmas :xmassmile
  • Angua2
    Angua2 Posts: 673 Forumite
    Options
    Thanx to everyone on this thread - fab stuff and you've saved me hours of trolling the net or, worse still, my memory!

Happy Christmas, all!
    Still waiting for Dyson to bring out a ride-on hoover...
    Memberships:
    Bad Alba Mothers Purchase Only Tanqueray
  • emweaver
    emweaver Posts: 8,419 Forumite
    Options
    I have done this for the last 2 years and NEVER had a reply and am rather annoyed as DD was very upset!
    Wins so far this year: Mum to be bath set, follow me Domino Dog, Vital baby feeding set, Spiderman goody bag, free pack of Kiplings cakes, £15 love to shop voucher, HTC Desire, Olive oil cooking spray, Original Source Strawberry Shower Gel, Garnier skin care hamper, Marc Jacobs fragrance.
  • dipsy81
    dipsy81 Posts: 611 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Thanks, i have just text this to my brother for my 2 nieces. Never done it before. Can't wait to see their faces when they receive their letters from Santa!:j :j
  • ozvaldinho
    Options
    2ujma2g.jpg
  • grannysmither
    Options
    I posted my children's letters off to the reindeerland address a couple of weeks ago, they are looking forward to a reply so hope they get one!
  • ethansmum
    ethansmum Posts: 1,780 Forumite
    Options
    My kids did this a year or two back and got a lovely letter back from Santa. Be sure to post your letter in good time as he will reply to as many as possible.

Quote:
    To ensure Santa receives your letter on time please can you send to the following address:
    Santa/Father Christmas,
    Santa’s Grotto,
    Reindeerland,
    SAN TA1
    Santa will respond to as many letters as possible, in between getting the sleigh ready for the long journey on Christmas Eve.
    In your letter please write clearly your name and address and attach either a 1st or 2nd class stamp to the envelope.

Via Royal mail here:
    http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/jump1?catId=1000002&mediaId=80800761&campaignid=santa
    July Win: Nokia 5800
  • ezzmo
    ezzmo Posts: 304 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    This is a fab sevice.
    Its not personalised the letter will read "Dear friend" but its really exiting to kids getting a letter from Santa, and its better than paying daft prices to get one sent through other means.:beer:
    I Can resist everything, except Temptation x:o
  • ethansmum
    ethansmum Posts: 1,780 Forumite
    Options
    I seem to remember one year that you got a cardboard 'make your own santa sleigh' to cut out and fold :)
    July Win: Nokia 5800
  • Sporticus
    Options
    NOWTHEN wrote: »
    Another site for tracking SANTA is www.noradsanta.org

It is very good it uses google earth and when he gets to each country you can click on it and it tells you about the country and customs for christmas, my liitle girl loved it.

I'd just like to say that this site is absolutley fab for the youngsters on Christmas Eve - they can watch him throughout the day and they have to be in bed before he gets to Moscow!!:rotfl: It's certainly worth having the pc on all day. I love it too but then again I'm a big kid ;)

Sporticus
    September Grocery Challenge - £348.70 :D (Budget £400)
    October Grocery Challenge - £396.34 :D (Budget £400)
    Really must get back on track with these Grocery Challenges!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure