Time for a new central heating timer?

Options
Hi,
Recently my Danfoss FP715 central heating programmer has developed a problem.
Sometimes when I manually put the boiler and radiator pump on for an hour they click off again after a few seconds. The first +1 hour button I press (e.g. hot water) will go on and stay on OK but as soon as I press the other (heating pump) it will switch on for a second and then they both go off. Sometimes they both stay on but I'll later notice they've gone off within the hour they should have remained on for.
The +1 hour hot water button needs to be squashed in really hard to operate but it's been like that for a while so I'm not sure that's anything to do with it...
Time for a replacement?
Thanks

Comments

• AHAR
    AHAR Posts: 984 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi,
    I thought I'd post a follow up in case someone with a similar problem finds this post in future.
    I picked up a Danfoss FP715Si to replace the old one. The new one fits onto the existing wiring plate on the wall so it was a very quick and easy job to change them over even by torchlight.
    It seems to be working fine. The buttons on this newer version are much more positive and it has a nice green backlight on the display.
    :j
  • Mutton_Geoff
    Options
    I was going to suggest you just leave the heating on 24 hours then use a programmable thermostat to fine tune the temperatures/times for the house. If you need a boost, the buttons are there in the hallway (or wherever your stat is installed) and more importantly, if you go out, you can quickly press a button and the heating stops for a set amount of time saving money on those energy bills.

I use the Honeywell CM67 although this is now replaced by the CM907. They are about £50 but good value and work well.

http://europe.hbc.honeywell.com/products/ecatdata/pdf_cm900_cmt907a1041.html

Signature on holiday for two weeks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport