blocking user from gmail account

Options
does anyone know how to block an unwanted email address where they receive a bounced message rather than just filtering it to the trash can for gmail and hotmail.

i want this person to know that i have rejected there mail i cant just change my email address as they come through my domain name.

im not sure if gmail and hotmail support the reject option????

can anyone help, or know of any good freeware filtering systems.

Comments

• tigermatt
    tigermatt Posts: 1,927 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I don't think Hotmail allows you to do such a thing. You probably wouldn't be able to get a freeware piece of software working on Hotmail or Gmail either as tey are webmail not programs running on your local PC like Outlook or Outlook Express. :)
  • nib131
    nib131 Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    thought not even if i use outlook because hotmail is not pop3 makes it difficult, suppose i have to suffer the mails thanks anyway.
  • innovate
    innovate Posts: 16,217 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    May be gmail filters will do what you want to do?

I don't use them myself, but understand you can set things up so that an email from a specified userid will be forwarded to another userid. So you could set up things that the mails from the user just get returned to them?
  • zinchead
    zinchead Posts: 34 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    you could ask the question here:
    http://www.gmailforums.com/index.php?
    micheal5kr.gif
  • jazzy
    jazzy Posts: 1,077 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    if you have your gmail account set up for pop mail. you can use mailwasher to bounce mails back to the sender!
  • fuzzgun19
    fuzzgun19 Posts: 7,767 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi,
    I downloaded incredimail (from https://www.incredimail.com) and this has the bounce facility, you could try that?
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
  • nib131
    Options
    innovate, i did the filter set up and this does forward the message straight back to the sender but i also get a copy of it, but hopefully he now thinks ive blocked the mail and stop sending i will try the other ideas as well thankyou
  • nib131
    Options
    fantastic incredimail worked no more unwanted emails
  • tomthebomb
    Options
    No disrespect to fuzzgun but incredimail is a nightmare to have in your computer and very difficult to get rid of.
    Go to download .com and read the user reviews - I wish I had before I installed it.
  • tigermatt
    tigermatt Posts: 1,927 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I'm not sure whether the two webmail sites in question have this facility, but if you can use "Rules", you could just set one up so that mail from the e-mail address you don't want is simply forwarded back to the sender.

It might be the "filters" as described earlier though, it could be something different. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure