🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Whos Mortgage has actually dropped out there?

Options
Hey.

Just a quick one really. As many know there has been a 2% rate cut over the last couple of months and I wondered -
1. How many peole have received the full drop and therefore a decrease in mortgage payments and what is their new rate.
2. What type of mortgage you have and who is your lender.

I ask because I cant beleive in my own friends circle how weird things are , a friend has actualy had their payments increased!!!!

I will kick off -

1.I have received the full 2% cut, my new rate is 3.75%
2. I have a Base rate tracker 0.75% above BOE which i took out almost 10 years ago, it is through Britannia Building Society.

I hope you guys post, will be interesting to see what is happening to the people out there!!
:rotfl:

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,716 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    a friend has actualy had their payments increased!!!!

Quite possible if they came off a deal with a lower rate or they had an annual review in place where they have to play catch up (as rates were higher in the earlier part of the year).
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport