Annual Service

Options
Bought a new car last year in December - bargain! First registered 18th December 2007. Will it affect the "Book Price" if the service History shows the first Service as next January?

A time issue rather than money. If I could have the service done in January rather than December it would be more convenient.

Any one know?

Comments

• hewhoisnotintheknow
    Options
    im sure it will be fine, as long as its done and not massivley overdue in terms of mileage
  • MX5huggy
    MX5huggy Posts: 6,858 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    As long as you are not going over the mileage, I would not worry. Even less so if yu are keeping the car for 2+ years more. However what are the requirments for the warranty you don't want to invalidate that.
  • lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,694 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Some cars have dashboard info which tells you when service is due.
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
  • jeannieblue
    Options
    I would read the warranty requirements very closely!

Personally, I would not risk it. They can be so picky. If you have any warranty issues down the line, they could use it against you if you are a few weeks over... but then they may not. Is it worth the risk?
    Genie
    Master Technician
  • darktrader
    Options
    Warranty - good point. I'll book a service tomorrow - after the VAT drops ;)
  • saintjanet
    Options
    There is always a bit of leeway on servicing times regarding warranty,check with your dealer or it may be in your handbook
    :) There are two sides to every story.
    I am not a SAINT just a saints supporter(saints RLFC)Grand final winners 2006.World club champions 2007.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure