Medion MIM 2080 - £399 Woolies - Can you give me some honest feedback?

in Techie Stuff
16 replies 14.5K views
2»

Replies

• I possibly have what you are looking for. Used but genuine very little use. had m/b replaced under warranty but died again months later. would u believe u only get 90 days on a brand new board because it was just over the 12 month period. Anyway ....the battery was replaced same time and had approx 30 hours use. it is in perfect condition.
    can you either send me a picture or confirm if either of these numbers appears on it.

8640sc or part no 40004852 ?

can u also give the voltage stated on the battery inc mah

Rob
  • Hi XUD,

It looks like the battery is not the same (unfortunately !!!).
    The pack on my MIM2080 / MD95408 NOTEBOOK is 14.8v 2.2Ah Li-ion with a part number of 40011510... Thanks for the offer anyway.

Still trying through Woolworths as well so all is note lost. Their help desk spoke directly to MEDION and came back wth the comment that the battery pack should appear on the web site within 2 to 3 weeks, now why couldn't MEDION tell ME that !!.

I will try the site at the beginning of Feb, if they are still not offering the batterys will get back to Woolies help desk, see if they can help with a little arm twisting, if not I think I may need to take things further as the support (the reason I bought the thing) is totally lacking from MEDION.

Watch this space...... Phil-w
  • rosyrosy Forumite
    642 Posts
    My PC is a Medion ( 18 months old from Aldi ). It had a three year warranty when bought. I recently had problems with it ( had been fine up till then ), which turned out to be a damaged video card and motherboard. Medion replaced these under the guarantee but it took 4 weeks for them to do this. This involved days and days of phone calls to their (not cheap) help line, being given totally conflicting info each time with many unfulfilled promises that someone from the repair dept would call back to arrange a time to fix it ( they subcontract their repairs I believe - at least that's what one of the many assistants I spoke to told me). I eventually wrote a letter having been advised what to say by Trading Standards. Rambling post here, I suppose I just want to say that IMO, you should consider Medion's post purchase service. Or rather the lack of it.
  • cosmilecosmile Forumite
    355 Posts
    rosy wrote:
    My PC is a Medion ( 18 months old from Aldi ). It had a three year warranty when bought. I recently had problems with it ( had been fine up till then ), which turned out to be a damaged video card and motherboard. Medion replaced these under the guarantee but it took 4 weeks for them to do this. This involved days and days of phone calls to their (not cheap) help line, being given totally conflicting info each time with many unfulfilled promises that someone from the repair dept would call back to arrange a time to fix it ( they subcontract their repairs I believe - at least that's what one of the many assistants I spoke to told me). I eventually wrote a letter having been advised what to say by Trading Standards. Rambling post here, I suppose I just want to say that IMO, you should consider Medion's post purchase service. Or rather the lack of it.

i had trouble with medion too i had a 2 month old laptop ,the hardrive failed,sent it back to them,they took 5 weeks to fix,and like the above loads of phone calls (not cheap) 0870 they said i have got the laptop back and i had signed for it !! :mad: ,it turns out in the end parceline delivered to the wrong address!!again loads more phone calls to medion,they said they had proof i signed for it.the delivery driver said different.in the end medion are going to send a replacement after a total of 7 weeks. be aware.
  • Not just me then.....

I will watch this thread carefully, I understood the Medion group were German based or similar. You would think that they would at least make sure everything was organised properly...

To Rosie,
    I found a 01793 number for Medion on https://www.saynoto0870.com ,not used that yet but I did use the Woolworths one it gave me to avoid the dreaded 0870 and it worked a treat, only had to wait about 30 seconds to get through.

As I mentioned in a earlier post, I'm beginning to think I should have bought a different brand......!!!!!!

Phil-w
  • GOT ONE !!
    Just to say that hammering away at them finally got me a spare battery although I don't think I could have done it without the help of Woolworths customer services dept... It took about 11 months to finally get a battery.

1 year and a couple of weeks ownership... It only cost around £30 so I wonder why all the hassle....

Sorted at last....

Phil-w
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides

£10-£50 London theatre tickets

For over 45 shows in January and February

MSE Deal

Join the 1p Savings Challenge 2022!

It should help you save £667.95

MSE Forum