Abbey - Customer Service Run Around!

Options
I applied for the 6 months 0% purchases and balance transfers (no fee) card from Abbey on the 5th November. I thought my current card 0% ended on 31st December but have since found out its 30th November :mad:

I called Abbey who said that documents were sent out on the 12th to be signed and returned by myself. I still hadnt received them on Tuesday 18th so called Abbey. They advised they allow 10 days for them to arrive but I could go into my local Abbey branch to sign some documentation to be faxed so the process would speed up. However when I called the branch yesterday afternoon they said I'd have to complete an application form all over again. I called the applications line again and they said I'd simply need to sign the credit card terms and conditions in the branch and fax them in. They also advised there was no need to fill in the application form again and not to do this as it would run the credit checks again. So I went in on my lunch today and spoke to the same girl who said I'd have to complete the whole application form and that she'd never heard of being able to sign and fax in the T&C's. She let me use the phone in the branch to call the credit card line. I spoke to someone who really couldnt grasp what was going on and said that I could ask the bank to photocopy my ID and fax it to them. Despite trying to explain this was not what I needed to do she just kept repeating herself. I gave up at this point and left.

So... if my forms arrive by the 26th and I have them back to Abbey by the 27th what are the chances of them paying my debt to my other card before I'm hit by interest? I'm thinking none.

I know its my fault for over looking the end of 0% on my current card but Abbey really have given me the run around with someone telling me something different each time I call! Wasted my lunch hour going to the branch!

On the plus side my on the bottom of my statement it says my interest for the first month of paying will be £17.29. Does this sound about right with 2.2k on the card? Its Capital One so interest must be 16% + ? Sounds low to me!

Comments

• blued
    blued Posts: 698 Forumite
    Options
    SPAM

Reported
  • blued
    blued Posts: 698 Forumite
    Options
    I arrived home today to find the documents waiting for me. Yes! I thought until I opened it and found they'd sent me an agreement for the 9 month 0% on balances and 3 month 0% on purchases with a 3% balance transfer fee! I'm so !!!!ed off with the incompetence now. Going into the branch first thing tomorrow to fill out ANOTHER Zero card form as I can see no alternative. If they werent the only ones doing the fee free balance transfer they'd not be getting my custom.

Rant over.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport