Amazon present delivery fiasco...help !!

My little brother bought me a present for my 40th birthday yesterday....he lives in LA and me in London.....the present duly arrived...in LA! Upon checking his delivery slip he found that they'd managed to move the delivery address to the billing address and vice versa.......as he's a bit of a technophobe, he can't find any info on how to return the item and get it delivered to the correct address....as well as being very upset that he paid for priority delivery and it hasn't reached me...bless him! Before anyone points this out, I will add that he has checked and he DID input the correct details!

Any help on how to contact Amazon.com would be gratefully received - I don't use them so am not familiar with their systems.

Happy New Year all!

Comments

• ka7e
    ka7e Posts: 3,083 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Amazon.com quote "You may return most new, unopened items sold and fulfilled by Amazon.com within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.). "
    The details of their returns policy is on a link at the bottom of their home page. Hopefully, your brother can return the goods and re-order them...maybe Amazon will get it right second time around!
    "Cheap", "Fast", "Right" -- pick two.
  • toozie_2
    toozie_2 Posts: 3,274 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Phone number for Amazon 08002796620
    :j
  • Helix
    Helix Posts: 2,381 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Thats for the Amazon.co.uk the OP needs to contact Amazon.com in the states.
  • Wig
    Wig Posts: 14,139 Forumite
    Amazon.com don't advertise a phone number they have what looks like a returns help page to guide him through the process.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/css/returns/homepage.html/

If he gets stuck, tell him to email them, he has until Jan 31st to get it sorted. There should be a printable delivery label postage paid as it is their error, no doubt the procedure for getting this and printing it are all within the returns process page, He will have to log in.

If he is really stuck, he can either email them giving the order number and explaining what happened, or he can ask a friend to help him.

There is no phone number.

This is the form for email contact regarding returns, but he should try the above process first......
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/contact-us/returns-and-refunds.html/002-3224482-2530438

And btw (by the way) if the item is valued at more than 35 pounds or $60 at todays rate, then you might get charged customs import duties. If it is marked as "gift" then you should not be charged if it valued less than 35 pounds. Because it is being sent direct, you might find Amazon won't mark it as gift, and our customs may take a different view to it being a gift and may try to collect money from you unless it is valued below 18 pounds.

It might be better for him to keep the item, get a refund on his special overseas delivery, and for him to post it to you himself so he knows it is marked "gift".

If it's value is less than 18 pounds or more than 35 pounds then this advice is irrelevant and should be ignored. But there is no need for special delivery now, so he could change to "normal".

upto 18 pounds no duty to be paid

between 18 and 35 pounds (possibly 36) no duty if it is a gift as in this case

above 35 pounds duty paid under all cases. But not always charged.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure