Help linking phone to pc

Options
:mad: I got a motorola v220 as a pressie.I have since bought mobile manager produced by kondor, it comes with USB cable. I am running an acer laptop with xp home, norton antivirus and windows firewall. Anyway, I cant get the drivers to link to the phones memory to get the photos. The software will install the modem drivers for the phone and the pc recognises the modem, so there is some connection going on. Can anyone help?
Gas doc on the loose

Comments

• wonderfullife_2
    Options
    Hi
    Just a thought, have you looked in your settings on your mobile phone, and changed them to usb connection.

Hope this helps
  • tigermatt
    tigermatt Posts: 1,927 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I installed the same software for a friend who had one of the new Motorola Razr phones, so the process is most likely the same or very similar. ;)

You need to connect your phone, then open the program Mobile Manager program which shows a "virtual phone" on your computer screen. You then need to click the Menu button and browse until you find the Multimedia Centre. Once you open this you should just be able to navigate to the "Pictures" folder on your phone, select the picture(s) you want to transfer to your PC, then find a folder to transfer them to on your PC and click the "Transfer from Phone to PC" button in the middle of the window. Wait for the transfer then navigate to the folder in Explorer. You should be able to see your pictures.

I hope this helps! :)
  • aminchom
    aminchom Posts: 183 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks for the replies - however

The pc wont connect to the phone,it only recognises the modem. Apparently in device manager there should be a new com port after instalation but there isnt. I cant find any usb settings in the phones menu and the manual from orange is useless
    Gas doc on the loose
  • tigermatt
    tigermatt Posts: 1,927 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Have you checked the manual for the mobile manager software?
  • msdl28712
    Options
    in your phone and modem options in control panel

With your phone connected

choose the motorola usb modem select properties then the diagnostics tab and try to query the modem and post back the results
    2008 Wins Jan Jimi Hendrix Live at Monterey: The Definitive Edition on HD DVD £12.98, £10 amazon voucher, £10 amazon voucher, £10 amazon voucher,£500 love2shop voucher, £10 amazon voucher,dvd and chocolate £8.12, Portable dvd player + town called eureka boxset £126
    Total £687.10
  • aminchom
    aminchom Posts: 183 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I have checked the manual, it tells you what to check for a proper install, but not what to do if there is a problem. I am also in a protracted email conversation with the company's tech support - to no avail. As regards the modem - it comes back as this device is working properly. I may just have to put it down to experience and buy motorola's own software :(
    Gas doc on the loose
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport