Buying new kitchen and fitting

Options
Well yes it may seem a bit odd but i am refurbishing my kitchen, I have covered most of the structural and wall repair need advice on where to buy the best quality for best price.

1. Kitchen cabinets
2. Wall Tiles
3. Stone worktop
4. Taps and fittings
5. lights

Comments

• Nile
    Nile Posts: 14,930 Ambassador
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hello kunal_x

I'll move your thread to the 'In my home' board.

Hi, Martin’s asked me to post this in these circumstances: I’ve asked Board Guides to move threads if they’ll receive a better response elsewhere(please see this rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board, where it should get more replies. If you have any questions about this policy please email [EMAIL="abuse@moneysavingexpert.com"]abuse@moneysavingexpert.com[/EMAIL].

Regards

Nile
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the 'I wanna' and 'In my home' and Health & Beauty'' boards.If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.10 Dec 2007 - Led Zeppelin - I was there. :j :cool2: I wear my 50 (gold/red/white) blood donations pin badge with pride. Give blood, save a life.
  • kunal_x
    kunal_x Posts: 19 Forumite
    Options
    Nothing , please help i am quite close to lay out some project plan , any help ?
  • Doozergirl
    Doozergirl Posts: 33,841 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I think the principle is that you shop around for everything. Go to a few kitchen stores and play them off against each other on price. My kitchen of choice at the moment for value for money is the Cooke and Lewis range in B&Q. I've got a plan drawn up and am waiting for the next 20% off promotion to place the order.

My own kitchen at home is an ex-photoshoot John Lewis kitchen bought on ebay for peanuts :D The sparkly quartz worktops were very cheap from B&Q - they were a rejected customer order and had been sitting on a shelf for 18 months.

I find appliances I want and then use www.pricerunner.co.uk to see if I can find them cheaper elsewhere, remembering to check cashback sites as well and look for discount coupons.

I go to all the tile shops near me and look for the ones I like at the best price and then go on line to see if I can find it cheaper.

Granite worktops I buy from www.diapol.co.uk. They're superb and fitting happens quickly. They come and measure up and the granite is cut to the size of your kitchen so it arrives ready to slot in.

Ebay is good to look at for all sorts of things especially new or nearly new items that people have bought in error and can't return. I've bought branded taps from there.

The key is to shop around for everything. Don't feel obliged to buy everything from one place and never buy fitting with your kitchen. Get a recomendation. B&Q have different fitters, one will great, one will be shocking - find your own! Not only are you more likely to get a good fit, it will be much cheaper!
    Everything that is supposed to be in heaven is already here on earth.
  • jockster211
    Options
    I can confirm from experience that around 25-30% of the B&Q fitting cost doesn't go to the fitter. Its just another way for them to squeeze more money out of the customer.

Jockster
    Nothing is easy........'til you find out how!
  • Steve_the_fitter
    Options
    The best kitchen you are going to get would be to go to an independant fitter. They are not going to supply a poor quality kitchen and if you can get a kitchen fitter recommended to you you know their work will be good as well. B&Q carcasses are very poor quality though the doors arnt to bad but not great. Delivery is terrible. I can supply a far superior kitchen, colour matched dow and glue rigid carcasses etc and the kitchen wouldnt cost any more than a high street one. Im sure there is a kitchen fitter in your area who would be happy to give you a quote. Try www.trustatrader.com if you dont know anyone who can recommend. The tradesmen on there have been fully vetted before being able to put their company names on the site. There is also a customer review section on every company on there. Remember a good fitter can make any kitchen look good so its not necessary to go for a top quality kitchen if you have a good tradesman in to fit it. One last thing. Wickes is the best DIY store for kitchens if you do want to go to one of the big sheds imo.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure