We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Credit Card 0% Overseas Spending - any other offers?
neophile
Posts: 1 Newbie
in Credit cards
I applied for a Nationwide CC online a couple of months ago, purely for the overseas spending offer. I really need/want a card with 0% as I frequently travel abroad for work - Europe, Asia & America - and want a good deal on my personal spending.
I was refused for the card (I can't think of any good reason why this happened as I always pay off at least the minimum payment on one and the full amount on the other credit cards I have and the amount available to me combined is only £4.5k).
Are there any other offers out there at the moment suitable for a pre-50 year old?!
Also, having rung Nationwide yesterday, they tell me that their system locks you out from applying again for 6 months. Is there any way around this?
I'm new to this managing money properly thing...any help greatly appreciated!
Thanks
I was refused for the card (I can't think of any good reason why this happened as I always pay off at least the minimum payment on one and the full amount on the other credit cards I have and the amount available to me combined is only £4.5k).
Are there any other offers out there at the moment suitable for a pre-50 year old?!
Also, having rung Nationwide yesterday, they tell me that their system locks you out from applying again for 6 months. Is there any way around this?
I'm new to this managing money properly thing...any help greatly appreciated!
Thanks
0
Comments
-
Do you need/want 0% introductory interest rate or no fees on foreign transactions? If the latter, apply for Nationwide flexaccount that comes with debit or cash card. Both of them can be used abroad without any currency exchange fees.neophile wrote:...I really a card with 0% as I frequently travel abroad for work - Europe, Asia & America - and want a good deal on my personal spending....0 -
I know its a bit too late for the credit card, but I believe the best way to get one is to commit to being a Nationwide customer, by applying in branch, for the Flexaccount as Grumbler says.
You would at least get a cashcard for use abroad if nothing else, then depending on your credit rating, usually with Experian, it would be updated to a cheque based current account plus Visa Debit card, and even a credit card ( which by the way run by RBS, do you have other RBS cards?, that may give you a clue as to why you were refused ).
You should still do this, as it will be more likely that, being a Nationwide customer, in 6 months time you will not be refused. You do not have to use/fund the account until you want to travel.
I feel this also applies with Egg accountsac's lovechild0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards