Orchid dialer software - New PC

Options
Can anyone advise the best way to install the orchid dialer software and routing info on a new PC.

Do I need to contact them, or should the old emails and links worked ( my it's so long since I programmed it (18866 and 1899) I hope I can remember what to do.

Thanks for any advice

Comments

• fbrj
    fbrj Posts: 376 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    GordonD wrote:
    Can anyone advise the best way to install the orchid dialer software and routing info on a new PC.

Do I need to contact them, or should the old emails and links worked ( my it's so long since I programmed it (18866 and 1899) I hope I can remember what to do.

Thanks for any advice

You can download the software from here. Access (after download) will require your username/password - which you would have been given in an e-mail early on, when you first bought the dialler.

http://www.orchid-electronics.com/cwclient/cwclient.htm
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Options
    Gordon, have you signed up for https://www.call18185.co.uk for cheaper mobile rates?

Its 5p per minute w/days and 2p per minute w/ends with a 4p connection charge icon7.gif
  • Fairwinds
    Options
    No. I haven't Edinburghlass, I think I need to have a full review when I remember how to set up the routings and transfer it to th enew PC

All I'm using is 18866 for landline and 1899 for mobile. BT for 0845 and 0870.

Any other recomendations gladly received - I know i should ditch 18866 as now 4p, so I'm thinking 1899 for landline and 18185 for mobiles and I probably should have someone different for weekend and evening?
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Options
    Any problems with your Orchid dialler email toby@orchid-electronics.com, very helpful and he talks the language (he went to Heriot Watt uni icon12.gif)

0870 is now cheaper using 18185 than BT, from memory 0845 is similar to BT.

Martin's article suggests Just Dial Saver (this is the MSE affiliate link) as being the cheapest CPS at the moment but should you have any problems in signing up with them please use the special email set up for MSE'rs mse@just-dial.com.

Martin's article is here and also mentions Primus which a lot of users have signed up for as well, mainly I have to say because of problems signing for Just Dial.

Most recent thread discussing this is here.

HTH icon7.gif
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport