We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Flights to Florida end of august

Options
any help would be great!!

Comments

• halloweenqueen_2
    Options
    Bear in mind they do have a hurricane season about that time of year. Travelcity direct aren't too bad, people I know who have gone with them have had good experiences and you can have transfers instead of a car. If you want to do mainly the parks, you are best staying on international drive, stayed there for two weeks and didn't need a car, the hotel did a shuttle bus to disney and we got a lynx bus to great universal. there is a great i-ride bus for i-drive, and you can get more or less anywhere quite easily from there.
    Sanford is a nice little airport if you go to that one instead of orlando airport, hope you have a great time!
  • budgetflyer
    Options
    www.traveljungle.co.uk searches loads of scheduled airlines and consolidators like ebookers,airfare basement,skydeals etc.
    Depends where you are flying from whats best. From SCOTLAND www.flyglobespan.com are looking quite good pricewise.
    Manchester and London prices are far more competitive as choice is greater.
  • gizmos
    gizmos Posts: 359 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    what area of the country will you be flying from and how many (adults children) will there b
  • Cardew
    Cardew Posts: 29,042 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Bear in mind they do have a hurricane season about that time of year. Travelcity direct aren't too bad, people I know who have gone with them have had good experiences and you can have transfers instead of a car. If you want to do mainly the parks, you are best staying on international drive, stayed there for two weeks and didn't need a car, the hotel did a shuttle bus to disney and we got a lynx bus to great universal. there is a great i-ride bus for i-drive, and you can get more or less anywhere quite easily from there.
    Sanford is a nice little airport if you go to that one instead of orlando airport, hope you have a great time!

People want to get hurricanes into perspective. Although the hurricane season starts 31 May it is most unusual to get storms in June and even then the are usually little more than an inconvienience in mid Florida. Even the 2004 season - the worse on record - did not cause huge problems for tourists; Disney closed for one day.

Personally I think you lose out a lot of the Florida experience without a car. The extra cost -£130 or so a week gives you so much more freedom to visit other places - the coast is only an hours drive.
  • stinky101
    Options
    hey thanks for your help, will be flying from the london area for 2 adults

thanks
  • halloweenqueen_2
    Options
    The people i know that were stuck in a hotel because of the hurricanes certainly got their perspective. I also went in 2004 and the poeple who live there told me how bad it was and how many peoples holidays were ruined. It depends on what sort of holiday you want whether you want a car or not - I was simply pointing out you don't have to have one and i had a fantastic couple of weeks! I also got a free bus up to the coast!
    Quite a few people who don't drive imagine you need a car to holiday in florida, you will if you stay in kissimee, i-drive you don't have to have one.
  • stinky101
    Options
    I also got a free bus up to the coast!
    Quite a few people who don't drive imagine you need a car to holiday in florida, you will if you stay in kissimee, i-drive you don't have to have one.

hey can you tell me more about this free bus??

thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family