🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

OMG - Total rip off on BA Miles

Options
I was just having a flip through the BA site as I'm toying with taking the kids to DLP for a weekend after my exams - esp as one of the offsite hotels as a 3 for the price of 2 sale - making it £51 for 3 nights for all of us.

Using my miles as a part cash/part miles - it cost me £81.80 + 9000 miles each inc taxes but get this.....
paying cash only - it comes to £67.80 each!!!

So I pay out nearly £15 each more and lose 27000 miles - Do they think we have stupid engraved on our foreheads - D'uh!!!

Still sickening though - as the fares are actually £16 each and the rest is taxes etc. - Think I'll walk - lol!!
Noli nothis permittere te terere
Bad Mothers Club Member No.665
[STRIKE]Student MoneySaving Club member 026![/STRIKE] Teacher now and still Moneysaving:D

Comments

• chalky_bertie
    Options
    I think theyre all the same as we have had to pay out nearly £100 in taxes etc when we used our free flights from the BMI Offer credit card.

I have mentioned on here several times before BA Miles are better if you use them to upgrade rather than buying a normal flight.
    **BERTIE**

Did you Know: It costs more than £325,000 a day to run the lifeboat service? (with no government funding) Please donate to the RNLI
  • elisebutt65
    elisebutt65 Posts: 3,854 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I don't have enough to upgrade for the 3 of us and it's only a short flight anyway, so not worth it.

I'm getting the flights with Airmiles instead as that only costs me 900 miles and £145(tax), flying with BA anyway and so I'll get the miles for that x 3 as I've stuck the kids on my household account - lol.

Just have to sort out some spends for food and tickets and that's it - £200 for hotel and flight :p
    Noli nothis permittere te terere
    Bad Mothers Club Member No.665
    [STRIKE]Student MoneySaving Club member 026![/STRIKE] Teacher now and still Moneysaving:D

• WiseInvestor_2
    Options
    Do they think we have stupid engraved on our foreheads
    There may be dozens of different 'fare classes' on any one flight - groups pay different from individuals, web bookings different from telephone bookings etc

The fare classes that allow Mileage payments may indeed be more expensive than a straight cash deal. It's not the airline being underhand but the buyer may have to do some digging to get the best deal
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport