British Gas review on comparison site and yet showing the cheapest??

Options
Aidenr
Aidenr Posts: 208 Forumite
Hi guys,
im new on this board so sorry if this point has been raised before.

I am moving into my own place next week and as usual trying to be a savvy MSE. However, home and utilities is a new one for me.

I have been on moneysupermarket to find my cheapest supplier for Electric and it came up at British Gas on the "click energy 6" tarriff.

My concern is that there are pages and pages of reviews that are really bad regarding the comapny and DD's along with when your in credit etc etc

Due to my job I am only home for a few days a week so my usuage will be very low. the property is a listed building and my apartment is within it so pre paid options are not really available, plus I dont want the hassle

should I just try it or can someone offer any other advice, i was slightly swayed by the no tie in contact!

Thanks all

A
I am a Travel Agent
My company’s ABTA number is V2043. MSE doesn't check my status as a Travel Agent, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Travel Agent Code of Conduct.
I am also Cabin Crew, my posts are my own and not that of the airline or other company

Comments

• 1carminestocky
    Options
    To be fair, IME those reviews are about right. Horrendous company but they get customers by having just about the cheapest online tariff. Please be aware if you sign up for Click 6 yuou REALLY need to keep on top of it as they supersede their claick tariffs every few months, leaving existing, loyal customers on the 'old', uncompetitive click tariff. Which sort of illustrates how they can offer the cheapest online tariff to new customers, I suppose (plus the fact they have millions of apathetic punters who have being way over the odds on their standard tariff for years and years).
    Call me Carmine....

HAVE YOU SEEN QUENTIN'S CASHBACK CARD??
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family