We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
texaco card charge?
astreet3
Posts: 59 Forumite
in Credit cards
Hi,
About 8 months ago I took out a Texaco card and transferred around £3000 to take advantage of the 0% interest for life of balance. However I appear to be getting charged for:
"BALANCE TRANSFER - OUTSTANDING BALANCE: xxxx.xx FINANCE CHARGE"
every month! I thought the balance transfer charge was a one off when you first make the transfer, not something charged monthly.
I guess I made a mistake in not reading all the small print.
Can anyone tell me if I'd be better off paying this off with a low interst loan?
Thanks
Andy
About 8 months ago I took out a Texaco card and transferred around £3000 to take advantage of the 0% interest for life of balance. However I appear to be getting charged for:
"BALANCE TRANSFER - OUTSTANDING BALANCE: xxxx.xx FINANCE CHARGE"
every month! I thought the balance transfer charge was a one off when you first make the transfer, not something charged monthly.
I guess I made a mistake in not reading all the small print.
Can anyone tell me if I'd be better off paying this off with a low interst loan?
Thanks
Andy
0
Comments
-
Wasn't it 2.9% LOB? I don't think anyone apart from Barclaycard has done a 0% offer, and that depended on you making a (small) purchase each month.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards