Been sent a credit card without asking for one??

Options
Hi,

please can somebody help me out, yesterday i was sent a PIN number from bank of ireland for a credit card that I have not requested! Today the credit card arrived, and I have tried calling BOI to find out why they have sent me this, they refuse to answer anything without taking detailed security infomation which I am unhappy to give out to them. I am concerned that this will leave a footprint on my credit file, and obviousley concerned as to how/who made the application in the first place?!?

Please can somebody help me with my options, and confirm whether I HAVE to give out security info to BOI for them to discuss this potentially fraudulant application?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• _Andy_
    _Andy_ Posts: 11,150 Forumite
    Options
    Why are you not willing to give them security information? They won't discuss it without it - data protection reasons. Would you like anyone to be able to ring up and discuss your credit facilities with no security questions?
  • I'm concerned that they've got it in the first place, i've no applied for any CC etc, yet I now have to give them detailed security info to find out why they have opened up this account in error?
  • _Andy_
    _Andy_ Posts: 11,150 Forumite
    Options
    Yes and there's nothing you can do about it - sorry if I'm blunt but (rightly) they're not going to discuss it unless you go through security.
    Given that they've either a) Got the correct security information or, b) Have fraudlent info I don't see what you feel you have to lose.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure