traffic wardens

Options
recently, i was in newcastle city centre, and was looking for a place to park, when i inadvertently straed into a nocarlane at a junction. It was a right turn only so i couldnt get back into proper lane as there was other cars, until lights went green. Was about 2-3 weeks ago, my girlfriend has just told me tonight that a traffic warden jumped into the road and took a picture of us, and thought i never mentioned it because i was embarresed about it.
But to be honest i never saw anybody as i was trying to get out of the lane( i never actully drove in it just strayed into it at the junction thinkin i could turn left):o My question is how long does it take to issue the ticket's and do you get point's for going into a nocarlane/buslane. I've never had a parking ticket or points in my life, i just made a silly mistake.

Thank's in advance

lee

Comments

• sturll
    sturll Posts: 2,582 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    recently, i was in newcastle city centre, and was looking for a place to park, when i inadvertently straed into a nocarlane at a junction. It was a right turn only so i couldnt get back into proper lane as there was other cars, until lights went green. Was about 2-3 weeks ago, my girlfriend has just told me tonight that a traffic warden jumped into the road and took a picture of us, and thought i never mentioned it because i was embarresed about it.
    But to be honest i never saw anybody as i was trying to get out of the lane( i never actully drove in it just strayed into it at the junction thinkin i could turn left):o My question is how long does it take to issue the ticket's and do you get point's for going into a nocarlane/buslane. I've never had a parking ticket or points in my life, i just made a silly mistake.

Thank's in advance

lee

They have 14 days to bust you. Otherwise your fine.
  • toonfan2005
    Options
    Thanks for quick reply, hopefully its a lesson learned
  • anewman
    anewman Posts: 9,200 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    In many bus lanes it's perfectly fine to drive in them outside the hours of their operation displayed. But most drivers and even some police seem to think not, or don't know the time of day.
  • Keith
    Keith Posts: 2,924 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You pulled into a no car lane which was right turn only, thinking you could turn left?

No wonder you missed the traffic warden
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport