Mortgage/Life Insurance for high-risk occupations

Options
Been trying to obtain mortgage life insurance (as a criteria of mortgage).

It seems most insurers understandably see members of the armed forces as a huge risk. Do other high risk occupations also come across this? Does anyone know of a company that will provide cover (prepared to pay for the privilege)?

Have already posted in UK Armed Forces section of forum but despite 50 views, there's been no response.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!:confused:

Comments

• koexelek
    koexelek Posts: 7,847 Forumite
    Options
    I know in the past, if you worked for the armed forces, although your policy would get rated ( premium increased substantially) the company would still insure you.

It was then possible to claim the difference in the monthly premium from your employer.
    This may not be the case, but I was definitely able to do that for an RAF pilot about six years ago.
    I am a Mortgage adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • Wutang_2
    Wutang_2 Posts: 2,513 Forumite
    Options
    The_Monk wrote: »

It seems most insurers understandably see members of the armed forces as a huge risk. Do other high risk occupations also come across this? Does anyone know of a company that will provide cover (prepared to pay for the privilege)?

Have already posted in UK Armed Forces section of forum but despite 50 views, there's been no response.

Rather than wait for a random response - why not try an IFA?
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • OshayAway
    Options
    The_Monk wrote: »

Are you under orders at the moment?
  • HelpWhereIcan
    Options
    OshayAway wrote: »
    Are you under orders at the moment?

Plus it depends on your role in the forces - they tend not to like slinky types with their underwater knife fighting sniper badges.

Also depends on the exact cover you are looking for - just life cover should be ok, Critical Illness and/or income protection is a completely different kettle of fish.

A good IFA/Mortgage Broker with access to the whole of the market should be able to get you sorted.
    I am an IFA (and boss o' t'swings idst)
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as an IFA, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure