New car - child seats?

Options
Hi - I thought I would run a few ideas passed you guys - you have always been very helpful in the past!

following on from my previous post, we have decided to purchase a new car. my hubby is having the ford galaxy (he does more 'runs' and motorway driving) and we are buying a new little car for me and the kiddies (i do more nipping round town).

we are thinking of the Nissan Micra (newer shape) but will I struggle to get my 2 kiddie seats in the back? Any feedback on this car? I have looked at which? for mechanical stuff (well, when I say I have looked, I mean my husband looked), but what about the more practical side of things?

We did have a bit of a struggle deciding whether to get the car using a loan over 3 years or whether to use our savings but if we used our savings that would leave us with no 'buffer'. As we are only looking at borrowing £3k, the interest was not too bad so thought that peace of mind with a few quid in the bank was more worthwhile!

Any thoughts?

Comments

• hewhoisnotintheknow
    Options
    unless the rear is really small i dont think you will struggle, getting the seats in my be a fiddle but once they are there i cant see them being a problem
  • sarahg1969
    sarahg1969 Posts: 6,694 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I think you should be OK so long as you get a 5-door model. It's easier to get into than a 3-door model, and the doors are much longer on a 3-door car too.

I had a new-shaper Micra as a courtesy car, and there was room for the car seats in the back (a stage 1 and a high-back booster), but as it was 3-door it was a !!!!!! to get into in a parking space.
  • Sagaris
    Sagaris Posts: 1,852 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Yes - I echo the above - I've struggled to fit car seats into two 2 door cars today - definately go for a 5 door!
    :j Almost 2 stones gone! :j
    :heart2: RIP Clio 1.9.93 - 7.4.10 :heart2:
    :p I WILL be tidy, I WILL be tidy! :p
  • mvteng
    mvteng Posts: 514 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    If your planning on taking the seats in & out often, to swap between yours & your husbands car, I woul definitely go for a car with Isofix. You won't believe how much easier it will make life for you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure