2»

Replies

• SandraScarlettSandraScarlett Forumite
    4.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    You looked so smart Martin, but I thought it was sad that you were wandering around like a little lost boy, cos you didn't know anybody!

I bet lots of people recognised you, and it's a shame more didn't come over and introduce themselves.

Or even ask for a few tips!

:T
  • ukmaggie45ukmaggie45 Forumite
    3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    jet9cat wrote: »
    All I want to say is , WOW, doesn't Martin scrub up well!? Very smart. :money:

Seconded! And no need to feel embarrassed - you looked very suave. :j

Very best wishes, and thank you for all that you do to help us learn how to manage our money. :A
  • tinribs69tinribs69 Forumite
    13 Posts
    10 Posts
    Who paid for the 'posh nosh'? Was it the poor taxpayer again or were there contributions by the attendees. I'm not being a Scrooge or anything just trying to equalise things! Though MSE does look like he needs a good feed!!
    On a kighter note Martin definitely looked like the bees knees in his outfit.
    :money: :j :T
  • ThinkingOfLinkingThinkingOfLinking Forumite
    11.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Martin, that sounds like a lot of food; did you practise good moneysaving and take a doggybag? Did you get any freebies or goodie bags? Did you get the clothes free/discounted?

With regards to the attire: looked as tasty as the menu.
  • KarmacatKarmacat Forumite
    36.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another *regular* thinking you looked good, Martin! And your blog was so sweet ... but like SandraScarlett above, sad to think of you wandering about like a little lost boy! Glad someone helped you out - but just think, no matter how responsible they are, not one of them has a voluntary email base of over two million. You're Da Man!
    Downsized and paid off mortgage 2010
    Retired August 2016
    Paid off French mortgage September 2018
    New kitchen fully installed June 2019
    Not counting this! 2020
    Garden fencing completed, woohoo 2021.......... Bunny hugger
    October 2021: aiming for £5,000 new money for premium bonds or a car.
  • How the other half live eh! Still I suppose it provides employment for a lot of people in the background. There used to be a GCE called Family Economics but I expect it's all changed now.

Does anyone else think that Martin looks like Fat Boy Slim in his suit?
  • It seems long time ago ,I just see it today .:rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides