New Post Advanced Search

I`am Thinking of an IVA

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in IVA & DRO
5 replies 1.3K views
ollyfollyf Forumite
15 posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in IVA & DRO
Hello all, first let me say I hope this is in the correct place im very new to this site.

Me & My Fiancee have joint Debts of around £40K.

We moved into our house in June 2007 so have no equity as of yet. We are wondering if its possible to take out a Joint IVA or if we need to take individual ones out???

Also who do we contact to speak about setting up an IVA?

Many Thanks in Advance for all Help.

Olly F

Replies

• You need to take out an individual IVA hence the name Individual Voluntary Arrangement.
    My OH and i both have an IVA, and we went through Payplan.
    The whole thing has been very painless, and we now just pay them every month, and budget the rest of our money.
  • ollyfollyf Forumite
    15 posts
    thanks will check them out. Another concern is 2 loans are joint ones, how to we list them?? Do we split the loan in half for each person?
  • me and my hubby have are in the middle of a joint one x
  • ollyf wrote: »
    Hello all, first let me say I hope this is in the correct place im very new to this site.

Me & My Fiancee have joint Debts of around £40K.

We moved into our house in June 2007 so have no equity as of yet. We are wondering if its possible to take out a Joint IVA or if we need to take individual ones out???

Also who do we contact to speak about setting up an IVA?

Many Thanks in Advance for all Help.

Olly F

You can have a joint IVA as long as you are both struggling with debt,
    if one of you only owes a relatively small amount then no.
  • ollyf wrote: »
    thanks will check them out. Another concern is 2 loans are joint ones, how to we list them?? Do we split the loan in half for each person?

you list them as both owing the full amount - you are jointly and severally liable so owe the full amount each
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support