Thanks a lot Martin,

:xmassign: SInce first hearing how to save money by doing simple things, we decided firstly to change our mobile phone provider and instantly saved £70 a month, then moved mortgage provider ( we did have to pay a penalty as we were in a 5 year deal and still had three years to go, ) but by moving our mortgage and paying the fees to move mortgage lenders, and also paying off our credit cards we are saving over £205 per month,so in total per month we are saving £275, so thanks very much martin, you certainly know your stuff,
I can't believe all those people who don't know about your site are still wasting money when they don't have to.

So again Thankyou very much,

Merry Christmas, ( Plenty of cash to spend on my son now )
:j :j :j :xmastree:

Comments

• You must be one of those rich people who are like what is on Martins TV prog, I'm glad you have finally realised how us poor people already live. 1a_y_grin.gif

• sam3273
    sam3273 Posts: 19 Forumite
    i wish i was rich, then i wouldn't have any problems, i hear martin on radio 1 with steve wright, and at the time we were starting to get into a lot of debt, but by making a few changes, we are not well off, but at least we have a bit of money left over, whereas before we had to put everything on plastic cause we didn't have enough left at the end of the month, so yes i wish i was rich, but i was one of as you put it, the poor people all along.
    hope that makes you feel better. :beer:
  • tesuhoha
    tesuhoha Posts: 17,971 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Before joining this site a few weeks ago I thought there was no way of saving money and no way out. We are not rich but this year we are paying school fees of £1115 a month in order to save a son who failed all his gcses, as well as supporting our daughter at university and we were already over £20,000 in debt. We were going downhill very quickly but now i have managed to put all our credit card debts on 0%, move a £3,600 tax bill that we couldnt pay to a 0% card and cut our energy bill by £120 a year. I have also written off the letter today to attempt to recover the bank charges we have paid over the year. Oh, and with the anniversary Egg offer I managed to transfer £9400 to our savings account to gain some interest. This way we have finally managed to stop the downward spiral and when the school fees end in June, hope to be able to repay some of the debt.
    The forest would be very silent if no birds sang except for the birds that sang the best

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure