We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Help with CV

Options
I am trying to write a CV i just wanted to know what sort off things i should write in my personnal statement profile also where do i put my goal ? Im applying for jobs in the NHS.
Won 2010: Butlins 5 day Break and £250, 1 yr Virgin Active membership, Meal for 10 at Best Parties Ever, skyline 2011 dvd.

Surveys Tescos Home Panel,Boots,cint sample,Unex Royal Mail,Crowdolody,Valued opinions,Ayton,Buzz,Ayton,Consumer Pulse,Royal Mail Posting, pigsback.

Comments

• tinkerbell84
    Options
    I'm a recruiter.

Do not put a personal statement or goal on your CV.

We know they're fake, and they're fabulously naff. ;)

Concentrate on your factual stuff, and no more than 2 sides of A4 at a nice readable sized font.
  • livelyred
    livelyred Posts: 2,367 Forumite
    Options
    Mine wont be naff thankyou,and i have spoken to many people who said yes about a profile thankyou
    Won 2010: Butlins 5 day Break and £250, 1 yr Virgin Active membership, Meal for 10 at Best Parties Ever, skyline 2011 dvd.

Surveys Tescos Home Panel,Boots,cint sample,Unex Royal Mail,Crowdolody,Valued opinions,Ayton,Buzz,Ayton,Consumer Pulse,Royal Mail Posting, pigsback.
  • tinkerbell84
    Options
    livelyred wrote: »
    Mine wont be naff thankyou,and i have spoken to many people who said yes about a profile thankyou

You're welcome.

Maybe you should ask those people (are they in the recruitment business?) what to say then ;)
  • livelyred
    livelyred Posts: 2,367 Forumite
    Options
    Actually yes one off them does work in Recruitment so yes i will ask her when i speak to her nxt

• Sazzyukrafc
    Options
    I have my personal info at the top, then education (a levels and degree), then my work history and finally my skills.
  • Mythical
    Options
    My profile emphasises what should be obvious from the rest of it - my experience, what I can bring to the job, what I'm looking for next, etc.

Look at some applcation packs and find the keywords and build it around them, for example, customer focused, team player, etc etc.

Then again, I'm still unemployed, so perhaps Tinkerbell is right and it's obviously all bull.:confused:
  • tinkerbell84
    Options
    Trouble is, they all say the same things, and they're the things you think a recruiter wants to hear.

"Excellent team player who uses initiative to motivate and inspire. Focused and driven to deliver. Effective communicator who strives to do the best job possible".

What's the point in saying the same thing as everyone else? You're trying to show what makes you different to the rest of the bunch with your CV which is why personal statements are a bit naff in most recruiters eyes ;)
  • tinkerbell84
    Options
    I have my personal info at the top, then education (a levels and degree), then my work history and finally my skills.

Personal details yes, absolutely. Name, address, phone number and e-mail address.

Personal statement, no (IMO).
  • Sazzyukrafc
    Options
    I don't have a personal statement or anything like that on mine, as I find it VERY cheesey and made up!

The personal info is ...name, address, number, mobile number, email address.

Education...a levels, degree (lists a couple of modules relevant to job I'm applying for - i did Journalism, so law, shorthand applies here).

Work...obvious (employer, job title, dates, description).

Skills...bullet points (e.g. shorthand, NCTJ qualified, photoshop, Quarkxpress, languages, mention GCSEs, google adwords, google analytics etc..)

To me, a CV is your education, qualifications, work and contact details...and I've been successful in each interview I've been to :)
  • briona
    briona Posts: 1,454 Forumite
    Options
    My personal profile is designed to act as a brief summary of my skills and experience (so employers can see at a glance that I have X number of years' experience at Y level in Z field). It doesn't contain any bullsh*t buzzwords that could be applied to anyone's profile, e.g., hard-working, trustworthy, motivated etc (all things that appear ad nauseum on CVs). ;)

I conclude the profile with a line about the kind of role I am looking for and a brief reason why. (Obviously it's important to change the profile on every application!)
    If I don't respond to your posts, it's probably because you're on my 'Ignore' list.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport