Cardata problem

Options
Hi,
Did anyone already used Cardata for selling a car? Had a problem with them?
I am having massive problem with them. I got hooked by their techniques like "we guarantee selling your car quickly blablabla". Quite quickly I realised the trap and decided to break the deal and asked for money back.
They refuse to pay me back because this is not their policy.
However, under Distance Selling Regulations, I understand that I have 14 days from receiving the contract to withdraw everything, which is what I asked for. But they calim that they are not really bond by this rules, which I am not sure about, and even if they were not bond to this rules, the law says that they would have to specify it to me before I sign up. Which they did not.
I am trying to get them to send me transcript of our phone conversations (to prove they did not read me all Terms and Conditions and theat they do false avertisment techniques by guaranteeing a sell) but they claim they have not got them or lost them. Sounds dodgy to me.
Does anyone has experience with this?
In any case, I do not recommand them. Without accounting for this problem, they have been always very rude and incompetent, and in few months now, I received only 1 offer ofr half my car value!!!
Many thanks

Comments

• lacni13
    Options
    Up, does any of you knows cardata???
    Cheers
  • terryya
    terryya Posts: 603 Forumite
    Options
    Just google cardata scam and see what you get.
  • markelock
    markelock Posts: 1,735 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    how did you pay? if it was by credit card, call them up and get the money back from them

I can't see how these companies are allowed to operate, making false promises.

keep on their backs, they do refund some people I believe.
    Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl Bart? Why did I have the bowl?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure