Question about the smillies.

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Site Feedback
15 replies 830 views
robowenrobowen Forumite
3K Posts
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
✭✭✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Site Feedback
Not sure if this has been posted before...but here goes !

I love the christmas smilies....They are brilliant !

The smilies are an important tool in conveying feelings and moods. The normal selection is very limited.
The christmas ones have helped enormously in spreading a better atmosphere amongst the boards. :santa2:

I'd like to see a larger selection of smilies available for next year. Maybe they could be changed round on a regular basis :confused: Smilies can be brought in from other sites :think:, but its such a nuisance to 'import' them. Much easier to have them to hand.

KUTGW
rob :xmassign:
If only everything in life was as reliable...AS ME !!
robowen 5/6/2005©

''Never take an idiot anywhere with you. You'll always find one when you get there.''

Replies

• Al_MacAl_Mac Forumite
    5.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    try http://www.smileys.ws/ not hard to import click, copy and insert link.

:xmassign:
  • intelintel
    6.4K Posts
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dont forget,,, try not to link the smiley as thats Bandwidth Theft
  • jobbingmusicianjobbingmusician Forumite, Board Guide
    20.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Intrepid Forum Explorer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jobbingmusician loves :rudolf:

Can I take him home after Christmas please?
    I'm the Board Guide on the Matched Betting; Referrers and Jobseeking & Training boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to [email protected] (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

The good folk of the matched betting board are now (I hope!) supporting Macmillan, in memory of Fifigrace. Visit
    https://www.gofundme.com/running-the-leeds-10k-for-macmillan
  • I would love to have a few more smileys to choose from, maybe more that have movements??
    :starmod: :staradmin :starmod:
    I gave up jogging for my health when my thighs kept rubbing together and setting fire to my knickers
    :starmod: :staradmin :starmod:
  • cattiecattie Forumite
    8.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok, so I know I'm dumb, but I've never yet been able to work out where you can get smilies from on this site. :(

If some kind person can enlighten me, I can do a bit more than just happy face or sad face on postings. :)
    The bigger the bargain, the better I feel.

I should mention that there's only one of me, don't confuse me with others of the same name.
  • robowenrobowen Forumite
    3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    cattie wrote:
    Ok, so I know I'm dumb, but I've never yet been able to work out where you can get smilies from on this site. :(

If some kind person can enlighten me, I can do a bit more than just happy face or sad face on postings. :)
    I'll send you a pm in a min..ok

rob :xmassign:
    If only everything in life was as reliable...AS ME !!
    robowen 5/6/2005©

''Never take an idiot anywhere with you. You'll always find one when you get there.''
  • cattiecattie Forumite
    8.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    :j :snow_grin :j :xmassmile :santa2:

I did it, thanks to you rob, Happy Christmas :rudolf:
    The bigger the bargain, the better I feel.

I should mention that there's only one of me, don't confuse me with others of the same name.
  • srasra Forumite
    4.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looking back over the smilies we had on the old board, we're missing some basic emotions

No undecided undecided.gif

No kiss kiss.gif

This is a much better roll-eyes rolleyes.gif
    And looking a bit shocked shocked.gif but not as much as the terrified one :eek: we have now
  • gizmoleedsgizmoleeds Forumite
    2.2K Posts
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got a question on smileys:

Once Xmas is over I presume the Xmas smileys will disappear from the list. But will they still be visible from posts which were made when they were there?

And if so, does that mean the codes for them ":snow_gri/n" etc... will still work...?
  • srasra Forumite
    4.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    If a smilie is removed then all posts that contain it will revert to the text code.

e.g. the xmas tree will become : xmastree :

In the future, if we're going to have seasonal smilies, it might be an idea to call them things like :seasonal1: :seasonal2: etc

Then you could, for example, have the Christmas Tree as seasonal1 at Christmas and change it to a pumpkin at Haloween etc

On the other hand that would mean you'd look back a Christmas posts and see them filled with pumpkins and vampires :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals