Discount Entitlement

Options
In June 2008 we accepted your quote to on our property, at a total cost of £2,162.00. I was told during work the flat roof over the family room was not inclined enough and this would add £564 to put right. So Total is 2.726 (including VAT)
The work to relay three flat roofs began on 27/06.

The first flat roof over the family room was completed without problem.

The second flat roof over the kitchen has leaked three times after it was completed. The first two times your contractors re-attended promptly to try and identify and fix the source of the leak. However the third leak took over 2 months to have it fixed.

While working on the third flat roof over the Family room; the contractor caused some damage which resulted in the ceiling lights in the family room to stop working. The subsequent investigation by your electrical contractor resulted in 4 holes in our ceiling and one in the wall. This took over three months to be put right by the decorator.

This fault was eventually fixed approximately 5 weeks after the fault occurred. In fixing the fault the electrician installed a fuse box on the wall in the family room without any consultation with us regarding where it should be positioned. I have asked to have it moved to a more discreet position however I was advised that it is not possible. So I will have to live with it. Also the electrician advised that there is no “neutral” in one of the lights so I will have to be very careful when changing the light bulb as my ceiling lights are metal.

I am about to settle the payment and I just wonder if someone could advise me how much of a discount, if any I should expect to receive not only for the 4 months of inconvenience but also for the fuse box and the no neutral issues that I will have to live with.
Thanks

Comments

• mintedby30?
    Options
    Hi,

This company has given you nothing but hassle throughout your work, they should have been striving to put right the damage caused without the constant chasing up and should have consulted you before installing the fuse box in your living room.

I would advise calling consumer direct before you talk to the company as they can advise you on your legal rights with regard to payment for the work and will refer the case to trading standards if they feel it's necessary.

Consumer direct no: 08454 04 05 06

Good Luck!
    MARCH GROCERY CHALLENGE £118/ £250
  • WorkingMum33
    Options
    Thanks for the reply. I have contacted the Consumer Rights and I was told that I could request "consequential loss", like phone calls, stamps, but they don’t have any guidance for "bad service".
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure