'Lord Mayor’s Dinner...' blog discussion

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Martin's Blogs & Appearances & MoneySavingExpert in the News
8 replies 2.2K views
This is the discussion to link on the back of Martin's blog. Please read the blog first, as this discussion follows it.
Read Martin's 'Lord Mayor’s Dinner...' Blog.
Click reply to discuss below.

Replies

• Would love to see photo of the outfit! Makes a change from those shirts!:rotfl:
  • ErrataErrata Forumite
    38.2K Posts
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those who sup with the establishment...........clearly need the wardrobe to go with it.
    Hope it's an interesting gig, Martin, and wondering if you've been invited as a governor of the LSE or as owner and onlie begetter of MSE ?
    .................:)....I'm smiling because I have no idea what's going on ...:)
  • During his time as Chancellor, I don't think Gordon Brown wore anything except a normal lounge suit at the Mansion House. I think he only gave way to the white tie when he became PM.
  • lexa34lexa34 Forumite
    587 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Martin,

Dont' worry too much: don't most people just wear tails without the top hat these days? I hope you rent or buy quickly off ebay in true MSE fashion!

He he

PS If you Lady if busy then I would love to go as it's a very interesting subject! (am happy with b/f not muscling in or nowt!!!!!!!)

He he he
    Green and minimal chemicals is the new black- I know a fair old bit about sustainability, specially energy and transport stuff. If I can help- please ask!
  • Hi Martin,
    I bought your book "The Money Diet" two weeks ago. And it was so useful. I never saved any money. I just spend it so much. But now I know how to do it and how can I save money.
    Thanks...
  • Hi Martin :wave:

How did the dinner go? Think you should post a photo! ;)

Debbie. x
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member No 1001 - Proud to be dealing with my debts :cool:
  • divadeedivadee Forumite
    10.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    does anyone else have an image of martin with a tux like one worn by tom hanks in big in there head????

nope just me i will get me coat
  • MSE_MartinMSE_Martin MoneySaving Expert
    8.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    The pic is now in my newer blog about the evening....
    Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
    Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
    Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
    Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Lloyds Bank wrongly declares customer dead

Account was closed due to a misreading

MSE News

Cheap home insurance

Grab 100+ buildings insurance quotes & cashback

MSE Guides

£12 for 1L Baileys

Available at Tesco, Morrisons & Asda

MSE Deals