anyone a gas man lol

Options
ok i finaly had my back boiler condemed on monday and gonna get a new boiler soon

but can i still use my gas oven???

a friend of a friend said somets about it being capped off?? for this what would he of done cos i dont think he has??

i have 2 little boys who obversly need feeding but if there at risk i dont wanna use the cooker

Comments

• adaze
    adaze Posts: 623 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I can't offer professional advice but I would imagine it depends if you boiler has been isolated. If the boiler has been isolated then yes it would be fine to use the cooker as it is a seperate appliance and presumably doesn't leak. But if the boiler has been condemed and they have switched off the gas then you wouldn't be able to use the cooker as no gas. I don't know if just switching off the boiler is enough to isolate it from the gas supply, if there is a faulty valve I would guess it could still leak. What did the CORGI who condemed it say?
  • chickster_2
    Options
    i'm not 100% :( what he said looking fot the notes he left

He removed a orange valve thingy from the fire fuse from the computer box area so we cant use the fire or boiler but the ga is still coming into the property as i tested the gas ring and works??
  • moneysavingplumber
    Options
    If the cooker was considered 'At Risk' or 'Immediately Dangerous' under unsafe stituations procedure the engineer would have been obliged to issue a warning notice specifically for the cooker and would have had to ask your permission to cap it off (if classified as ID), and would have had to label it in either case. I'm sure if he's left it working (assuming he is correctly qualified and registered) then it is perfectly safe to use. If the boiler is considered ID then he should have asked for your permission to cap it off, done so and then tightness tested and purged the rest of the installation before leaving you with the notice and label on the boiler/firefront, and all the safe appliances still working.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure