Who makes Next furniture?

Options
i like some of their furniyure but it is a bit pricey. Any idea who makes it? I know that Suncrest supply their fireplaces, but what about their living room furniture (TV units etc)

Comments

• brownbake
    brownbake Posts: 561 Forumite
    Options
    Next make Next furniture funnily enough HTH
  • adandem
    adandem Posts: 3,592 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I used to work with someone (a few years ago now) and her husband made the settees for them. It was a local firm (West Mids). He said that the first few of any new range was made with okay materials, after that Next asked them to use cheaper stuff to keep the costs down.

TBH, I don't think Next furniture is very good quality, most of the sideboards and units etc. contain alot of MDF, so they're very heavy but it's not the weight of the wood. Alot of their Oak range contains veneer.
  • ormus
    ormus Posts: 42,714 Forumite
    Options
    i dont know who makes the next furniture, (sofas) but i know who makes argos and ikea sofas. (a manchester company).
    if youre looking to buy from them and get a discount, forget it. there is no way they will supply 1 off to the public.
    Get some gorm.
  • Lally
    Lally Posts: 795 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ormus wrote: »
    i dont know who makes the next furniture, (sofas) but i know who makes argos and ikea sofas. (a manchester company).
    if youre looking to buy from them and get a discount, forget it. there is no way they will supply 1 off to the public.

errrr, thanks? you sounded a bit off there, this is a money saving forum after all.

fwiw, i saw the fireplaces in a local shop and they were about half the price of the ones in the next directory. made by suncrest but supplied to lots of different companies.
  • ormus
    ormus Posts: 42,714 Forumite
    Options
    sorry but i was making the point that most suppliers to the big retail boys have exclusive arrangements with styles/models. esp if the items are made in the uk.

the main importers have less scruples. hence you can see lots of identical wooden furniture about. and they may have different model names.
    Get some gorm.
  • Jonny0000
    Jonny0000 Posts: 115 Forumite
    Options
    ormus wrote: »
    sorry but i was making the point that most suppliers to the big retail boys have exclusive arrangements with styles/models. esp if the items are made in the uk.

the main importers have less scruples. hence you can see lots of identical wooden furniture about. and they may have different model names.

So many of the major furniture retailer in the UK source furniture from the same suppliers? Are any exclusive that you know of?

I would have thought that the major companies woul have had dedicated suplliers.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure