Need a new gas fire

Options
Our old gas fire, flame effect not the type that goes right in chimmey (12 years old) is in need of replacing. I am sure I can get it repaired but TBH is getting past its date and some of the paint is chipped coals are broken, gas thing that lets the jets of gas out is cracked and fires hardly is warm at all now.

My wife and I would love a living flame fire, the type that goes in the chimney but I know years ago there were problems with heat going up the chimney, have they improved these days?

Any recommedations as to what fire to get? As we got gas central heating (boilers need replacing soon too) we only use fire when heating is off usualy morning and afternoon.

Any solutions to our problems would be apprepiated. Cheers

No longer a user, goodbye folks. PLEASE delete my account. Thank you

Comments

• paullj_2
    Options
    If you get a rea flame fire without a glass front it will always lose most of the heat up the chimney. If you buy a real flame fire with a glass front panel however,that pumps out much more heat to the front room.
  • Gaz_Hammer
    Options
    coals are broken, gas thing that lets the jets of gas out is cracked

Dear shrek101,
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but if your fire is as stated then I would strongly suggest that you Do Not Use It as it sounds immediately dangerous and should be isolated for your own safety.
    Please Please Please arrange to get it sorted out ASAP.

Yes, there are loads of fires on the market and difficult to advise without seeing it but generally there will be one to suit your needs.

Regards
    Gaz
    When you lay turfs its green side up!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills