Tesco Clubcard - Pizza Express

Options

Comments

• donstermonster
    Options
    Tesco with BOGOF no you cannot use them together

Deals Tokens can be used as full or part payment towards food only. Tokens cannot be used to purchase drinks, merchandise or towards promotional and set menus. Maximum of 8 guests per party.

Deals Tokens are not transferable and will be issued with the name shown on your Clubcard Vouchers and may be printed with your postcode. All standard Tesco.com and Clubcard Deals scheme terms and conditions apply, these can be found on the website.

This is a limited offer, and is valid until 31st January 2009 only.
    PizzaExpress Tokens must be ordered by 19th January and used by the 31st January 2009.
    donstermonster :D
  • Roger_Rampant
    Options
    They split them into £10 and £5 vouchers
    Actually it only seems to be £10 tokens with this offer. Received ours today and went down to try them out, Pizza Express staff were very interested because they had been told about them but these were the first ones they had actually seen.

Pizzas were mainly around £8, and enough for one person. Desserts were from £3 to £5 each. We had three pizzas and two desserts, that came to thirty one pounds something. Appletiser and cappucino were just under two pounds each. So meal for three cost us thirty pounds worth of Pizza Express tokens (i.e. £7.50 of clubcard vouchers) plus about eight quid cash.

This is the blurb that they sent out with the tokens:

Decide which Pizza Express Restaurant you want to dine at, make a reservation or simply turn up and present you Clubcard Deal Token(s) as full or part payment for your meal. To find your nearest Pizza Express: www.pizzaexpress.com

THINGS TO REMEMBER

Put your Pizza Express Deal Token(s) towards payment of food only at Pizza Express restaurants.

Pizza Express Deals Tokens are valid in Northern Ireland.

Maximum of 8 guests per party.

Token(s) cannot be used to purchase drinks.

You can use more than one Pizza Express Deal Token(s), but no change will be given if the value of the tokens exceeds the total value to be spent.

Deal Token(s) can be topped up with cash.

Deal Token(s) cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer - including promotional and Meal Deals / Set Menus.

Please note that tipping is left to your discretion. Should you wish to leave a tip, please be aware that Deals Token(s) cannot be used to cover tips.
    We were very pleased with our meal, and have come home and ordered some more tokens! :beer:
    We asked about their Christmas Dinner, which seemed reasonable at seventeen pounds odd per person, but they won't be open on Christmas Day so we weren't interested.
    (Apologies for such a long post)
    Thanks to all who post constructively.
    H
    ave an A1 day!
  • Bettypink123
    Options
    Can you use the generic restaurant vouchers or do they specificaly have Pizza Express written on them? I have £20 to use up by Dec & I love Pizza Express - mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm pizza <drool>
  • Roger_Rampant
    Options
    They specifically say Pizza Express. Also the blurb said use by February 2nd 2009, which seems to contradict what they said elsewhere... :confused:
    Thanks to all who post constructively.
    H
    ave an A1 day!
  • fallen121
    Options
    If you can't use the tokens towards set meals, does that mean it excludes the childrens' menu? My daughter is only 6, I can't see her eating an entire pizza!
  • cruella_de_vile
    Options
    Loonytoons wrote: »
    I know, it's annoying, that really bumps up the price of a cheap meal :mad: When i used vouchers in pizza hut, they said Tesco told them they couldn't accept vouchers for drinks and they had no say over it. Maybe it's because drinks are so cheap for companies like them to buy, Tescos don't want to be coughing up loads and adding to their profits :confused:

I got drinks with my Pizza Hut vouchers, they were only soft drinks so I wonder if that makes a difference? :confused:
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    It says food only, so if you go with a cash friend and you have vouchers and the bill comes to say £40, you pay £20 to cover the food in vouchers and they pay £20 to cover the drinks and coffees.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,370 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    They specifically say Pizza Express. Also the blurb said use by February 2nd 2009, which seems to contradict what they said elsewhere... :confused:

Mine say use by 1st feb which is the same as the end of jan is it not
  • fallen121
    Options
    If you can't use the tokens towards set meals, does that mean it excludes the childrens' menu? My daughter is only 6, I can't see her eating an entire pizza!

If my husband and I went and ordered pizza and dessert and that came to around £20, could the drinks and the kids meal be settled with cash? Can it all be on the same bill?

Please advise!

PS Can you book tables?
  • ravamin
    ravamin Posts: 22 Forumite
    Options
    how long does it take for the vouchers to come once you've odered them? or do u print it? or can u do it in-store?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure