Ball Gowns

With Christmas fast approaching and money really tight I was hoping to find out what sites you ladies have used to buy your outfits for the Christmas balls. First one I'm going to as they didn't have one last year or the year before!
99.9% of my posts include sarcasm!
Touch my bum :money:
Tesco - £1000 , Carpet - £20, Barclaycard - £50, HSBC - £50 + Car - £1700
SAVED =£0
Debts - £2850

Replies

• 1012donna1012donna Forumite
    11.5K Posts
    I haven't used this one yet but definitely will when I need a new one. I luckily got 3 in monsoon summer sale so don't have to worry about it till next year!!

http://www.sexyher.co.uk/Long_evening_dresses-21.html

I'd never buy one from debenhams as everyone goes there!
    Murphy's No More Pies Club Member No. 68
  • Marker_2Marker_2 Forumite
    3.3K Posts
    Wow that sites great hun, good prices on the dresses to, thank you xx
    99.9% of my posts include sarcasm!
    Touch my bum :money:
    Tesco - £1000 , Carpet - £20, Barclaycard - £50, HSBC - £50 + Car - £1700
    SAVED =£0
    Debts - £2850
  • kazwookiekazwookie Forumite
    12.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try ebay
    or local charity shops.
    :) Sun, Sea :)

• lee634lee634 Forumite
    1K Posts
    I concur with that site above,

Whilst i don't particularly look that great in a frock my wife did have a look at the site,

She spoke with them online and delivery is a fast as next day
    11.5K Posts
    Marker wrote: »
    Wow that sites great hun, good prices on the dresses to, thank you xx

I was going to have the black one wiht the sparkly bits for this years Xmas ball but the powers that be have decided to make it informal - typical!! I'm still wearing a long dress though!
  • bonsibabebonsibabe Forumite
    1.1K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    I used ebay and bagged myself a great bargain one year - full length strapless gorgeous gown for £30 including postage! When it arrived it was a perfect fit but about 6 inches too long so I took it to the local dressmaker and got it altered for £10 and shoes in a sale for £10 and I already had an evening bag and my MIL gave me a fur coat from when she was young so I managed to get a full outfit for £50!!!

(And it was worn several times because we moved a few times after it was first worn so I got my moneys worth from it and it still looks as good as new!)
    LBM - August 2008 - Debts then - £33390 :eek:- 2nd LBM - November 2009 - Debts then - £18500:mad:
    Current debt levels: OD £3860, Loan 1 £6091, Loan 2 £5052, Parents £260, Total £16133 :eek: As at 01 May 2012 - 51.69% paid off :j
    Aiming for a No Spend Christmas 2012!
  • TK Maxx usually do some good ones around £30-£50 I've never spent over £50on a ball dress.
    11.5K Posts
    I've never got one in TK Maxx - they're always size 6 and really bright luminous colours - maybe we just don't have a great shop!! My last dress was £200 but there's no way I'd spend that for every function.
  • A friend of mine got a dress from this ebay seller

the dress is really lovely - no idea how she sells them so cheap!
    Feb 14 GC - £89.37/£300
  • The TK Maxx I go to has some gorgeous dresses, It does have quite a large selection though due to it being a student town.

I do agree that the do have some "bright" lurid colours. Maybe I'm just lucky.

Another option is a cataloge returns store I picked up a lovely dress from one of these stores for £15
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides

£10-£50 London theatre tickets

For over 45 shows in January and February

MSE Deal

Join the 1p Savings Challenge 2022!

It should help you save £667.95

MSE Forum