CCJ incurred thru insurers error

Options
My car insurers failed to respond to a county court claim made against me and consequently lost the case. (The accident wasn't my fault!) They are agreeing to pay my excess, wipe the claim from my record and I believe they will offer me compensation for any other costs/losses I've incurred.

But, my biggest losses (see below) are hard to place a value on, so how should I best claim for these and what value should I place on them?
  • I have a CCJ against me as a consequence of my insurers failure to act, as a result I cannot get the credit I need to furnish an apartment I'm buying (I'm moving from a furnished rental) - how do I place a value on this inconvenience? (I got the mortgage before the CCJ took effect.)
  • I have time booked off work to take delivery of the furnishings I expected to be buying, but it's likely that this process will now run over into next year when I will have to take more time off work - can I place a value on this?
  • I have repeatedly stated my intent to do everything required to see the case through to a successful conclusion (including going to court) but I now have no opportunity to get justice - how do I place a value on this?
Any help anyone can offer will be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Wutang_2
    Wutang_2 Posts: 2,513 Forumite
    Options
    Not being funny but the CCJ can be taken off almost immediately if in error so what is the hold up?

If Experian and Equifax arent getting a move on then this is where you need to be aiming your inconvenience issue.

And how do you place a value on the inconvenience - you are getting compensation from insurer are you not?

How do you place a value on time booked off? Cancel holiday

How do you place a value on a successful conclusion and a court hearing? The price of a phone call (£1?)
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • That isn't helpful.

The CCJ isn't in error in the sense that the claim was against me and wasn't responded to. The credit agencies need my insurers to clear the CCJ first and I've already been turned down for credit before I realised this was a problem.

My leave year is the calendar year, so unless I can get deliveries this year I will have to take extra holiday.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    It is possible (and regularly done) to get a ccj by default completely wiped out.

Your insurers will know about this, ask them to immediately set about getting this judgement "set aside".
  • lesley1960
    Options
    We had the same probably with our company insurers failing to respond to summons , however when you are issued with a ccj the court write and tell you , we contacted our insurers straight away they dealt with it and the ccj was removed
  • I've also contacted my insurers and I expect the CCJ to be removed, but it's the difficulties I'm presented with in the intervening period that's the problem.
  • Quentin
    Options
    If you are worried about getting compensated for using holidays next year to accept delivery, see if you can take unpaid leave, and add the loss of wages to your compensation claim.

Or ask your employer to let you carry the leave over. Isn't it only half a day or something like this?
  • I have a whole apartment to furnish: sofa, dining table, bed, washing machine, curtains etc. I am taking two weeks off to facilitate this and am already carrying all the leave over that I can, if I don't get this sorted out this year I will have to use up a number of extra days leave.
  • Quentin
    Options
    Two weeks seems a long time to take off to accept deliveries!

Maybe leave a key with a neighbour?
  • Wutang_2
    Wutang_2 Posts: 2,513 Forumite
    Options
    The credit agencies need my insurers to clear the CCJ first .
    quote]

.....are you sure?? Why is the ccj still there if it is incorrect? And 2 weeks to move your stuff in??

there is too much here not adding up!
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • Tozer
    Tozer Posts: 3,518 Forumite
    Options
    Are you sure the CCJ has actually been recorded? My understanding that it is only undischarged judgments which are recorded with credit reference agencies.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure