🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

EON Energy want to put up my dd

Options
Quillion
Quillion Posts: 1,768 Forumite
Hi all EON Energy want to put up my dd from £58.00 per month to £98.00 per month and we just can't afford that.

I am going to ring them in the morning to discuss this and hopeully we can come to some sort of agreement.

We have the heatwise tarrif and are not able to cap as this is not a cappable rate. We have no central heating and have a gas fire and gas cooker.

I know things have gone up the bill for 2008 was £90.00 more than the bill for 2007 with about the same usage.

I don't know of any of the other energy suppliers who can provide the heatwise (this is how we heat our water.

Any suggestions please xx
:beer: Officially Debt Free Nov 2012 :beer:

Comments

• Magentasue
    Magentasue Posts: 4,229 Forumite
    Options
    Not sure about heatwise and your options for switching but meanwhile, have you costed your annual use at current prices? If you have, you'll know whether £98 is too high or about right. If it's too high, have the figures to hand when you ring them. I've had my DD increased unreasonablly in the past but it's always been adjusted when I've proved I can cover the annual bill with a reduced amount.

If £98 is about right, you have two options - find the money or cut your usage. Well, there is the third option of an alternative tariff, if it exists. Meanwhile, you have to work with what you've got.
  • space_rider
    space_rider Posts: 1,741 Forumite
    Options
    If you only use heatwise for your hot water and not storage heaters then you don`t need heatwise, you could have an E7 meter fitted. You could then shop around.
  • firesidemaid
    Options
    my eon dd went up last year from 69 to 129 - but that was because they had set it too low and the winter bills came in and we owed them a lot. the other option was to pay a one-off figure to catch up and then carry on.

unless you are in arrears then there should be no reason to increase the dd.
  • Magentasue
    Magentasue Posts: 4,229 Forumite
    Options

unless you are in arrears then there should be no reason to increase the dd.

There are other reasons, price increases being one of them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport