Guardian profile, the good, the bad and the ugly

Options
13»

Comments

• november
    Options
    I'm so hyperactive I hardly ever post ;) :j :j :j :j :j :j

Was most pleasantly surprised to see Martin on Watchdog :T . First time I've heard him talk ....... and boy can he talk :T

Shame - I normally like the Guardian. Who cares what that journalist thinks anyway :confused: I've not only got my finances (OK debts) in order as in they are not paid but I know what I'm doing and when they will be all paid up and am paying practically zero interest :D but have passed on the link to this site to many friends and told many more stuff I have read here. I've also found out about other money related things such as where the bargains are, old style money saving, and even how to sort out paying a dentist. On top of that I've turned into a right tart (card wise obviously ;) ).

And none of that cost me a penny :T

Three cheers for Martin. :j :j :j

About time I found an excuse to thank him for this site :money: :money: :money:

:snow_laug
    I live in my own little world. But it's okay. They know me here.
  • southernscouser
    Options
    I'm sorry but I couldn't help but laugh when I saw what was at the bottom of the article! :snow_laug

http://money.guardian.co.uk/weekly/story/0,,1669063,00.html
  • Amba_Gambla
    Amba_Gambla Posts: 12,107 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm sorry but I couldn't help but laugh when I saw what was at the bottom of the article! :snow_laug

http://money.guardian.co.uk/weekly/story/0,,1669063,00.html

:confused:
  • southernscouser
    Options
    :confused:

Ah, just noticed the adverts change everytime!

It was one offering homeowners with poor credit a car loan! :snow_laug
  • fairenoughclough
    Options
    Martin,

To go a little bit off topic, noticed on your Tv programme yesterday (Wednesday), that we are both afflicted by the same issue.

Five o'clock shadow, perhaps in your role as tv celebrity you could approach the shaver manufacturer's and recommend the best wet and the bet dry shaver to get over this issue.

Also, whether there is anything to be gained by a second shave during the day.

Thanks in advance

Mike
    Just for one moment, thought I'd found my way.
  • Former_MSE_Dan
    Options
    Martin,

To go a little bit off topic, noticed on your Tv programme yesterday (Wednesday), that we are both afflicted by the same issue.

Five o'clock shadow, perhaps in your role as tv celebrity you could approach the shaver manufacturer's and recommend the best wet and the bet dry shaver to get over this issue.

Also, whether there is anything to be gained by a second shave during the day.

Thanks in advance

Mike

I think you may have mistyped the URL Mike, try MoneyShavingExpert maybe??

:p
    Former MSE team member
  • angelatgraceland
    Options
    Consumer Crusader? I rather like that one. Good on ya Martin! Theyre a jealous lot at the Guardian I guess. Who needs qualifications when you have natural genius!
    Annual Grocery budget 2018 is £1500 pa £125 calendar month £28.84 pw for 3 adults
  • People's_Will
    Options
    Is Martin still backing Patrick Collinson as a candidate for the non-existent post of BBC Personal Finance Correspondent?

See Martin's Blog for the recommendation.

I saw the last three episodes of "Make me rich!" and really enjoyed them. Why shouldn't Martin take the BBC post if it was ever offered?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure