Guardian profile, the good, the bad and the ugly

Options

Comments

• trafalgar_2
    trafalgar_2 Posts: 22,309 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    " He shows me the internal programme review for Make Me Rich. It reads: "Gym: You need to keep going. We like the fake tan, but you need to have your eyelashes dyed to accentuate your looks."

aw come on ,how can anyone be seriously bothered when an article contains such humour :rotfl: :rotfl:

If you can't laugh at yourself ..................:snow_laug
  • Smiley_Mum
    Smiley_Mum Posts: 3,836 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    He shows me the internal programme review for Make Me Rich. It reads: "Gym: You need to keep going. We like the fake tan, but you need to have your eyelashes dyed to accentuate your looks.

"What... no teeth whitening!!!! :rolleyes:

P.S. Judi's right, it doesn't matter what anyone thinks, you've worked your buns off re MSE/radio/TV/bestsellers etc etc and you deserve all your success. Good Luck to you. The bigger the site gets/more successful you become, the more people there will be out there who will want to stick pins in your balloons, due to the old green eyed monster.
    “Ordinary riches can be stolen, real riches cannot. In your soul are infinitely precious things that cannot be taken from you.” - Oscar Wilde
  • angela110660
    Options
    Martin - you do a fantastic job and the Tv show element just makes things even better. Your enthusiasm for your subject shines through and if you took a dry approach to it all, no one would take any notice!
    There are only ever two websites that I recommend to people Yours and Flylady (https://www.flylady.com) which is all about your home and your wellbeing.
    Both of you have been a godsend to me and I thank you very much.
  • Aries
    Aries Posts: 477 Forumite
    Options
    Well done Martin you must be hitting them where it hurts,now more people are learning how to take care of money.
    I am disgusted by this Guardian article sounds like a bit of "green eyed monster" to me.
    You have saved me and my friends a lot of money.
    Many thanks Martin,and have a great Christmas.
    Aries.
    Member of the £2 savers club.£320
    so far
    saving for Holiday :j

You are never too Old to learn new tricks.:rotfl:
  • highlighter
    Options
    It's a shame the article failed to mention the amount you (this site) has donated to charity.
  • kfn1502
    Options
    I never post on chat forums (too lazy - sorry) but I had to add my comments about this. It makes me want to scream when people are misrepresented in the press simply because their ideas are different to (and often better than) the writer's. And you have limited redress as well because no-one is going to print your rebuttal to the comments that have been made.

Happily, there are 400,000 of us regular users, plus however many other not-so-regular users, who know that Martin's work with MSE has made a huge difference in people's lives. I don't even care if Martin's motivation is self-promotion ... I am a volunteer Personal Budget Counsellor with Credit Action (national charity to educate & assist people about money issues) and the money saving ideas on this site, including the fantastic Budget Planner, have helped me to make an enormous difference to people whose sole income is benefits.

So keep up the great work Martin. And a big THANK YOU from me for all the hints, tips & tricks which have been coming so regularly into my mail box for the past 18 months - after which I happily pass them on to the people I help.
  • D.A.
    D.A. Posts: 1,159 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ignore the article Martin - the fact that you managed to out-talk both Nicky Campbell and Julia Bradbury on Watchdog last night is good enough for me. :rudolf:
  • jo_b_2
    jo_b_2 Posts: 7,123 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Allexie wrote:

I like this bit best!

There's an air of guerrilla warfare about it, with users sharing and swapping "grab it while you can" tips in hyperactive chat forums.
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Options
    :j

Sorry I can't stop, I just read in the Guardian that I am a hyperactive
    forum user....so it must be true :beer:

:j :j

Me too Jo, this was my impression of being a hyperactive forum user :j
  • Amba_Gambla
    Amba_Gambla Posts: 12,107 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary