cardiff neighbourhoods.........different question

Options
ecsb
ecsb Posts: 158 Forumite
A friend of mine has been given a temporary house in CHAPELWOOD, LLANEDERYN. How temporary not sure. Could you please tell me what it's like, honesty please.Is it friendly, near shops,commmunity focused, multi culural, racist,pleasent?
thanks

Comments

• rednose66
    Options
    ecsb wrote: »
    A friend of mine has been given a temporary house in CHAPELWOOD, LLANEDERYN. How temporary not sure. Could you please tell me what it's like, honesty please.Is it friendly, near shops,commmunity focused, multi culural, racist,pleasent?
    thanks

Chapelwood is fine. I lived over the road for about four years and I never saw any trouble. Shops five minutes up the road. Community focussed- a lot of the homes are owned by hard working people so there is pride and ownership not normally felt in some of the lesser estates around cardiff although not in the "lets all hold street party" type community focus. Multi cultural - not really but if you want that then Butetown or Grangetown are better. Racist - its an over used term but I dont there are any racist areas of Cardiff - all areas will have racist individuals of all colours. Pleasant - its as pleasant an estate as you will find in Cardiff. I am an immigrant and Llanedeyrn was my introduction to a working class area in Britain and I can honestly say I was very happy in that part. However be aware that the more council areas of Llanedeyrn suffer the usual council estate woes - 15 year old moms, drugs etc. Because Chapelwood had some thought put into its design - plus strict earning criteria for the original inhabitants - it is still a pleasant and safe area for a young family.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure