Marmite Mad

Options

Comments

• Emily_Hall08
    Options
    Hi,

I wanted to get my marmite-mad friend something, looked on the website but was disappointed with the merch and emailed asking whether there would be more soon etc and mentioned my friend. They send back an email offering to send me some free marmite coasters and a £5 (or maybe £1 I can't remember..) marmite voucher if I send them my address, I did, and I gave the coasters to my friend for her birthday :)

Of course if everybody who reads this does it, they may not be so kind!!
  • Emily_Hall08
    Options
    also, if she likes nut roast, maybe make her one :) lots of recipes include marmite, I once made one particularly marmitey and it was amazing.
  • Emily_Hall08
    Options
    Jam tarts with marmite instead of jam?!!
  • belle2008
    Options
    I was looking at recipe books in bargain shop 'The Works' the other day, I saw a Marmite book on the shelf. I didn't really look at it but i think it was Marmite recipes etc. Prob quite cheap too. HTH
  • nuttyrockeress
    Options
    Mmm Marmite breadsticks and MArmite rice cakes - available in Tesco

HTH x
    It's nice to be nutty but's more important to be nice
  • RustyFlange
    Options
    Sorry to bump this back up but wondered how you had got on with this?

My OH decided to tell me he loved marmite whilst we were wondering round tescos yesterday so I thought I could put together a little marmite goodies box for him ...

I am thinking the breadsticks and rice cakes, marmite walkers crisps some of the champagne marmite, some normal marmite, some marmite chedder singles and I saw someone mentioned the guiness one ... where could I get this from? anyone know? any other suggestions? preferably foody items which can be eaten as anything else isn't really any good with the other things I have got him for christmas.
    Raising kids is like being held hostage by midget terrorists
  • tammigirl
    Options
    EMminently wrote: »
    My mum bought my dad a special 'i love you' marmite - not sure if that edition's still floating around? I could see if i could pinch their jar?!!

My OH bought me this last valentines day...champagne flavoured...not as nice as the original though
  • tammigirl
    Options
    rusty..there are guiness flavoured ones on e bay...dont think you can buy them in the shops any more as they were a special edition for st patricks day last year
  • RustyFlange
    RustyFlange Posts: 7,538 Forumite
    Options
    Chazzy I gave marmite a call and you are right they were a limited run for 6 weeks and no longer available ... although looking at the prices on ebay he'll not be getting that one lol they go for around £10 and I refuse to pay that kind of money for something like that!!!
    Raising kids is like being held hostage by midget terrorists
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport