Marmite Mad

Hiya I know someone who is Marmite mad an I was just wondering if anyone knew of any cheap marmite related things as I am going to make them a hamper for christmas this year all based around marmite. any help would be gratefully received. Thanks alot xxxxxxxxx
:jHas saved so much money since joining this forum, thanks to all you kind people out there :j

Comments

• bunbun2
    bunbun2 Posts: 3,540
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I_am_mad wrote: »
    Hiya I know someone who is Marmite mad an I was just wondering if anyone knew of any cheap marmite related things as I am going to make them a hamper for christmas this year all based around marmite. any help would be gratefully received. Thanks alot xxxxxxxxx

I have seen marmite crisps, biscuits, etc in Tesco. squeezy marmite. could you customise a marmite label?
    will have a think and see if I can come up with anything else.
    saving for ds2's summer international scout camp - £200
    £60 deposit paid :j £100 paid:j £40 paid:j
  • RustyFlange
    RustyFlange Posts: 7,538 Forumite
    have a look on ebay - http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_trksid=m38.l1313&_nkw=marmite

There is loads of little bits which I never even knew existed!

Good luck can't wait to see the pics :)
    Raising kids is like being held hostage by midget terrorists
  • I_am_mad
    I_am_mad Posts: 1,461 Forumite
    im interested in getting the guiness marmite but dont wanna pay a firtune for it i have seen the champage one in tesco for £3. let me know if anyone sees it around xx
    :jHas saved so much money since joining this forum, thanks to all you kind people out there :j
  • soblivion
    soblivion Posts: 1,169
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    This would mean not cooking till xmas eve and maybe you've not the time but buy some puff pastry sheets, 2 in a pack. Spead the whole thing over with marmite enough to taste (more than you would a sandwich) but warm marmite does run and can ooze. Roll into like a long swiss roll shape, not tightly, run a bit of milk along seam to seal, put seam side down on a non stick baking tray and bake in oven to golden brown. Leave to cool on a wire rack. When cool slice with a sharp knife like a swiss roll. I just call it marmite pinwheel, when I do buffets everybody loves it. It's always first to go and I can't seem to make enough of it.
    Do a trial run before xmas. It's cheapish to make.
    It may be possible to freeze but I've not tried it.
  • vikki_louise
    vikki_louise Posts: 2,358
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    someone made a glass of guiness with black socks and white. if your going for handmade things what about an old (but CLEAN!) marmite jar stuffed with black socks in it. it would be an extra thing and could use £1 socks etc
    Best wins in 2013 £200 and Mini iPad. 2014 no wins. 2015 2 nights 5* hotel with £300 vouchers plus £1150 Harrods gift card
    Rehome an unwanted prize or gift with a seriously ill child through Postpals.co.uk
  • Fag_ash_lil
    Fag_ash_lil Posts: 5,150
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Hi

How about downloading some the recipes from their website and making them up into a little booklet ?
    If not ... they sell merchandise on their website ... i haven't checked the prices out, but am presuming that things would be a bit pricey ...

Here's the website ...
    http://www.marmite.com/

or here ....
    http://www.ilovemarmite.com/marmite-links.asp

Hope you find something ....

terri x
    " When I'm good I'm very good , but when I'm bad I'm better " ~ Mae West ..
  • You can get the mini marmite individual thingys. I think I've seen them in the fridge section with the individual cheeses in the supermarket

Don't get the marmite breadsticks. They are yuk and to me do not taste like marmite.

Otherwise ebay is the place, marmite has done lots of promos over the years (the type where you collect tokens), I've got a marmite cool box and socks. So some people must sell these things online.

Oh wow - can you stretch to £10? Theres a toast rack here:
    http://www.play.com/Gadgets/Gadgets/6-/Search.html?searchstring=marmite&searchtype=GADG&searchsource=1
    Very cool.

I want the marmite toaster: http://www.pots-and-pans.co.uk/acatalog/Dualit_2_Slice_Vario_Bread_Toaster-Marmite.html

It's just a little expensive though :)
  • MRSMCAWBER
    MRSMCAWBER Posts: 5,442 Forumite
    Hiya

They are now doing baby bell cheeses -with marmite in too ...
    I LOVE marmite too mmmm
    -6 -8 -3 -1.5 -2.5 -3 -1.5-3.5
  • EMminently
    EMminently Posts: 1,141 Forumite
    My mum bought my dad a special 'i love you' marmite - not sure if that edition's still floating around? I could see if i could pinch their jar?!!
    Just £10,852.28p to go...

:D

Trust that little voice in your head that says "Wouldn't it be interesting if...";
    And then do it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport