Aol Ubuntu

I was just wondering if it is possible to connect to the web using aol on a pc loaded with ubuntu?

Comments

• d900
    d900 Posts: 295 Forumite
    do u mean using AOLs own software or just using AOL as ur ISP

i would be very surprised to see anyone using ubuntu and AOL together as anyone using ubuntu most know a thing or 2
    The orginal post in this thread has a very very slim chance of being about money saving. The post is more than likely to ask a question that google could answer better than any of us.
  • devizes18193
    devizes18193 Posts: 1,594 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    easy thing boot of a live cd and it it works on that it should be fine i'd do the proper install isung wubi in windows if you try and do a install least that way you have a back
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    OP if you mean to use the aol software on ubuntu then you dont have to use it,
  • Mrembo
    Mrembo Posts: 257 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    d900 wrote: »
    do u mean using AOLs own software or just using AOL as ur ISP

i would be very surprised to see anyone using ubuntu and AOL together as anyone using ubuntu most know a thing or 2
    I wanted to use aol as my isp.
  • Conor_3
    Conor_3 Posts: 6,944 Forumite
    Yes you can. Thankfully for the last couple of years, AOL has used normal internet accessibility the same as any other ISP with the only caveat being the MTU setting needs to be 1400, or at least it used to be. So there's no longer any need to use their proprietary connection software.

If you use an ADSL modem router, it'll all be seamless.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure