18866 - overcharging and now playing dumb!

Options
Apologies for the length, am as mad as a hatter at the moment and need to rant and ask a couple of questions.

I had an account with 18866, but, decided to cancel it and change to another provider when the connection charges went up. My final invoice was £12approx, which I paid on my Credit Card as my Direct Debit had been cancelled.

When I checked my CC account a few days later, I discovered that they had charged me over £30, which sent me over my limit, incurring a £20 penalty from my CC provider.

I have emailed them explaining the situation and asking why, to which they replied:

"As soon as you change your payment details we instantly debit you to for the whole outstanding balance.

We hope this has answered your question."

"Could you please send me invoices dating from 10/05 and forwards to show my usage and bills." (I have a copy of all of my invoices upto closing my account, none of which tallies with the amount they have deducted.)

"Please check you have deleted your telephone number from your account therefore you are no longer able to access your account online or receive invoice by e-mail.

"I understand that my account has been closed. Could you please send me an itemised statement showing why over £30 was debited from my Credit Crd rather than the £12 shown on the online invoices."

"Unfortunately we can not help you in this as you have deleted your
telephone number from your account.

"If you cannot provide the proper documentation by return email, stating as to why I owe you the monies which have been deducted from my Credit Card, then I would like a full refund of all monies including the £20 overcharge fee occured due to your overcharging.

The alternative would be that I go to the Trading Standards Authority and report the matter to them."

We shall see what they say to that.

I have been through their T & C's, (have copy from when I signed up for their service and copy from today, they are same), which states that they may: "charge you interest on the overdue amount(s) at the rate of 3% per annum above base rate. Interest is calculated and accrues daily. We may charge an administrative fee of ?2 (which we may vary from time to time in accordance with clause 9 below) to cover costs that we incur as a result of payment(s) being received after the due date." Which it would have been, but, that still doesn't tally.

Aren't they supposed to state exactly how much penalties and charges are? Aren't they also supposed to keep a copy of what they charge their customers? At the very least for their own protection. And, their clauses aren't numbered, so, which is clause 9?
"And crawling on the planet's face,
Some insects called the human race,
Lost in time, and lost in space,
And meaning"

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts