cable v sky?

we are on virgin media for tv phone and broadband and have been for years with no problems,for about the last 6mths the signal ha s become poor and keeps dropping (due to more people being on the system).
the technicians have been out numerous times and it has improved a little but if it continues to deteriorate the next move is to remove the the cable upstairs so we only have one cable into the house, which means i lose the upstairs box for the tv.
have no experience of sky so i dont know how they compare for a whole package of tv,phone and broadband.
so do i stick with virgin and see how it goes or bite the bullit and go with sky.

any views appreciated
:hello: :j

Comments

• d900
    d900 Posts: 295 Forumite
    tough one
    id always stay with virgin just for he broadband..but if its rubbish go check what BB speeds u can get with sky and if u can get the unlimited package.
    The orginal post in this thread has a very very slim chance of being about money saving. The post is more than likely to ask a question that google could answer better than any of us.
  • for about the last 6mths the signal ha s become poor and keeps dropping (due to more people being on the system).

I used to work for NTL and that's the sort of thing we told people when we couldn't be bothered to fix things properly
    Nothing to see here, move along.
  • Marty999
    Marty999 Posts: 728 Forumite
    First Post
    We had the cable package for some years and were pleased with it, never had any problems. We switched to Sky a year ago simply to get Sky One and are very pleased with their package too. Not much to choose between the two really, but if the very fastest broadband speed is important to you then cable is the way to go. I only have the basic 2Mb ADSL from Sky but I believe that is perfectly suitable for most people.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    if virgin cant fix it which by the sounds of it they cant then id try sky, if you like virgin tv then you could keep that and get sky phone and broadband but it all depends what speed you could get with sky, pointless moving if the speed isnt as good as what you get with virgin
  • brodev
    brodev Posts: 1,018 Forumite
    I would contact Virgin and ask to cancel. They will ask why and you can tell them your tale. That will probably trigger a proper response from them and get the problem sorted
    Something Really Interesting
  • dekh
    dekh Posts: 237 Forumite
    There's nothing worth watching on TV :)

Freeview and 02's £10/£15 for 16MB ADSL2+ broadband.
    :think:
  • aliEnRIK
    aliEnRIK Posts: 17,741 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    My dad has the 16 meg unlimited sky broadband (tenner a month)
    he only gets approx 7 meg due to his distance etc, but I cant fault it, hes never had a single problem with it, and even with heavy usage, hes never been slowed down either.
    :idea:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport