Credit card insurance

Options
Could anyone tell if there is an independent insurance company who will cover "all payments/credit/debit cards"
in the event of loss or theft.When i say "independent" i was thinking on the lines of other insurance other than my credit card company.Like the stand alone loan insurances described in other sections.

Comments

• kana_2
    kana_2 Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for reply.What you have said (i thought was the case)but would i be covered in the event my cards got into the wrong hands ie.lost/stolen wallett and debts run up?
  • Martinslovechild
    Options
    As long as you report it as soon as you notice that the card is lost or stolen.

Check your T&C's, or even phone the card company for more clarity.

Years ago, my wallet was stolen and I had to cancel each and every card PLUS video club membership cards etc etc, but I didn't have to pay anything because I did it within a few hours of finding out that the wallet was missing.
    Mortgage Feb 2001 - £129,000
    Mortgage July 2007 - £0
    Original Mortgage Termination Date - Nov 2018
    Mortgage Interest saved - £63790.60
    ISA Profit since Jan 1st 2015 - 98.2% (updated 1 Dec 2020)
  • Reaper
    Reaper Posts: 7,284 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    If you want more cover look at http://www.cpp.co.uk. I have been with them for a long time. I keep meaning to cancel but never quite get round to it as I find the holiday cover reassuring.

The idea is that you register all your cards with them. Then if you lose them one phone call and they are all canceled. Useful if you are abroad and don't have access to all the required phone numbers. There is also cover for misuse of stolen cards although as said already your existing card providers will already cover you for that.

Handy when moving house as they will notify all your card holders.

The holiday insurance in no way is a substitute for a proper holiday insurance policy, but it helps fill in the gaps if your wallet/handbag is stolen. e.g.
    £100 cover for any cash lost
    £100 to replace the wallet/handbag
    Loan to pay your hotel bill and buy return tickets
    and loads of other stuff. Have a read.

It costs £20 a year. As the other posters have said you don't really need any of it, but it gives peace of mind particularly on holiday.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure