Barclays Online Banking

Options
I think I am going mad but wonder if someone can help clear up a couple of things for me.

1. I have set up a payment online to pay an amount from Barclays current account onto my barclaycard credit card. Now payment has to be made by 6th of every month. So I set the date to be "specific day" dated the 1st so it had plenty of time to go through. At the beginning of October I was checking online banking and noticed on the 4th that the barclaycard payment had not gone through. When I looked at the payment the date was saying the 7th:eek: I made an immediate payment and changed the date back to the 1st starting November. But now two payments have come out, the immediate payment and the one that was dated for the 7th (not actually a problem).

Does anyone know why the payment date should change? I'm guessing that maybe it has moved due to 1st falling on weekends but I'm not sure that should make a difference. Then my overactive imagination thinks that Barclays have deliberately changed the date so that they could charge me a £12 late payment charge lol.

2. My wages were paid in on Tuesday and my online statement showed wages in then a couple of bills out. On Wednesday my statement showed bills paid out then wages paid in. Why should the order change on the statements? Again my overactive imagination is thinking that Barclays have deliberately done this to see if the bills coming out will force me to pay interest on an overdraft or earn them money in some other way lol

Any ideas would be great thanks

Comments

• Extant
    Extant Posts: 2,140 Forumite
    Options
    We spit on your statements before we send them out, too.

As for the payment date moving, I couldn't hazard a guess without some more detail - which would be difficult if this was the first payment. The only other thing I can think of is that if you set "specific day monthly", it always used to be based on the day you set it up, not the date - i.e. the first Monday of every month. That may have changed, though.

Barclaycard is effectively a different company and has no control over your bank account and could not alter the date.

As for the ordering of entries on your online statement, yes, this can change and is an annoying niggle of the system. It is a known issue and should be remedied during our move of the Online Banking systems to Singapore.

What you will actually find is that it doesn't change on our end, and could not for legal reasons.

Charges are levied on a "close of business" basis, not on a real time basis. You could be £80,000 overdrawn at 9am, but provided £80,000.01 appeared by 6pm that night, you would suffer no penalty.
    What would William Shatner do?
  • TotallyBroke
    TotallyBroke Posts: 1,540 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thank you for replying.

I make sure I spit on everything I give to Barclays too. :p lol

The Barclaycard payment is weird because it has been going fine until this month. It's not a problem though I'll just keep an eye on it.

Again it's not a major problem about the statement changing it is just annoying sometimes.

Thanks again for responding. I personally don't think Barclays are too bad I've banked witht them for 18years (since my very first pay cheque) the company is not very sensitive sometimes but thats the same for all big companies. Gone are the days of the Bank Manager meeting with you and finding out if they could help you in any way.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure