Tiny Pc-extended Warranty

Options
Hi-

Anyone else out there have one of these and if so is it still being honoured or is there anything can be done to getting something back outta them. I bought PC from tiny in feb this year and stupidly paid for this TOTAL CARE PLUS PACKAGE at £200 for 3 year supprt(national rate number), courier costs,repairs,blah blah.If i knew then what i know now!!!! I phone TOTAL CARE today and they are giving out a 60p a min support number.Any advice out there

regards jb

:confused:

Comments

• Justicia
    Justicia Posts: 1,437 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I went for a brief look around and found this (an article from 2002)

http://news.zdnet.co.uk/business/0,39020645,2107453,00.htm

and then read the following;
    Time Computers bought some of Tiny's assets after it went into administration earlier this year, but it did not take on liabilities. Time has said that it believed that Tiny's extended warranties were insured, but subsequently found that Tiny's management had not paid the necessary premiums in the preceeding six months.
    This means that -- under the Consumer Credit Act -- the credit card companies are liable for any warranties bought by customers using a credit card.

The credit card firms are prepared to honour this, but they appear to have turned down an offer that would have seen Burnley-based Time take on the warranties. This means that individual customers will have to pursue the matter with their own credit card provider -- something that neither Time nor Trading Standards officials are happy about.
    "Part P" is not, and has never been, an accredited electrical qualification. It is a Building Regulation. No one can be "Part P qualified."

Forum posts are not legal advice; are for educational and discussion purposes only, and are not a substitute for proper consultation with a competent, qualified advisor.
  • johnbhoy10
    Options
    thanks for that-

Forgot to mention that it was in feb this year from Tiny and paid for it in full on a RBS debit card (switch) over the telephone. Bank are sourcing a copy of statement for proof of purchase for me.Is my next step to get copy of this particular card's T&C'S for this account and take it up with bank?

regards
    jb
  • Justicia
    Justicia Posts: 1,437 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Have you tried the Total Care number? If not, I would try it and (hopefully) on answering, as it was purchased earlier this year I would ask them (quickly!) what the situation is with regards your package and to confirm that the cover is valid...

Then go from there; report back if it's "interesting," for further views and opinions.
    "Part P" is not, and has never been, an accredited electrical qualification. It is a Building Regulation. No one can be "Part P qualified."

Forum posts are not legal advice; are for educational and discussion purposes only, and are not a substitute for proper consultation with a competent, qualified advisor.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure