Bank Charges reclaim help please

Options
:confused: please help anyone i have recieved letters detailing bank charges but not what they are for,do i not need statements to continue claim

Comments

• orc_2
    orc_2 Posts: 563 Forumite
    Options
    Hi.

You need a full list of all charges on you account over the past 6 years. Send a SAR template (subject access request) to the bank along with a £10 cheque. Do a search for SAR template, and amend it to suit your details.

Good luck.
    Please ignore those people who post on this forum who deliberately try to misinform you. Don't be bullied by them, don't be blamed by them. You know who I mean.
    You come here for advice, help and support- thats what I and like minded others will try to do.
  • amtrakuk
    amtrakuk Posts: 630 Forumite
    Options
    I did the bank charges reclaiming about a year or so ago which I was successful with. Last month I went over the agreed overdraft by 42.00. Just checked my bank account and found they have charged me £75.00 + £1.39 interest. Am I still able to reclaim these charges?
  • amtrakuk
    Options
    Just phoned up HSBC who are sending out a form which I presume is a standard procedure. I will also be sending a preliminary letter of approach with a copy of the bank statement showing the charges I require reversed via recorded delivery.
  • amtrakuk
    Options
    :confused: please help anyone i have recieved letters detailing bank charges but not what they are for,do i not need statements to continue claim

Sorry to butt in but if you have online banking, you might be able to print off statements going back upto 6 years. These will surfiest.

I have phoned up HSBC and spoke to a call centre advisor. I didn't expect to get a favourable response. I was told when and how much I was overdrawn so there was no point in pursuing. She did kindly say she is going to send a pre formed form for me to fill out and return.

I will be using the Money saving expert way of doing it instead of their pre formatted form as there may be a catch written into some small print. Doing it my way I cam calling the shots with no small print ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure