Halifax online banking

Options
Hi

I logged onto my Halifax online banking today only to discover almost all my transactions were missing!

Down the bottom of the list is a hyper link marked 'Account Renewed'.

What does this mean?

Thanks

Comments

• Baldur
    Baldur Posts: 6,565 Forumite
    Options
    No problems on my accounts when I just logged in. I would check with Halifax and definitely DO NOT click the hyperlink.
  • opinions4u
    opinions4u Posts: 19,411 Forumite
    Options
    I would hazard a guess that you have an exceptionally high number of transactions going through the account and will receive what appears to be a closing statement.

Don't worry, if I'm right the account has been instantaneously closed and reopened and will continue to run normally.

It seems the computer can't cope with more than a few hundred transactions on an account without doing this!
  • jem16
    jem16 Posts: 19,404 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    opinions4u wrote: »
    I would hazard a guess that you have an exceptionally high number of transactions going through the account and will receive what appears to be a closing statement.

Don't worry, if I'm right the account has been instantaneously closed and reopened and will continue to run normally.

It seems the computer can't cope with more than a few hundred transactions on an account without doing this!

I've had that before and yes it was down to a high number of transactions that month.
  • Mikeyorks
    Mikeyorks Posts: 10,369 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I think it's an aggregated number of transactions for the account ..... not just hyperactivity in a month. Only had it happen once - perversely on one of the few occasions I needed to look at something. If you get paper statements - those will reflect the transactions before the 'roll up' of transactions (they don't close the account .... just refresh the transaction count). Equally with online Statements - but it's virtually certain you get a bit of a black hole before either the paper arrives or the online is visible.

Just realised it is covered :

http://www.halifax.co.uk/OnlineBankingHelp/managingonline.asp#renewed
    If you want to test the depth of the water .........don't use both feet !
  • nico26
    nico26 Posts: 823 Forumite
    Options
    When my HBOS account was fraudently used.Some of the transactions went off screen.They said that the system only showed the last 60 transactions.When you get your online statement it will show all transactions
  • tamalyn
    tamalyn Posts: 2,106 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    i have logged in today and have the same, got ones dasy worth of transactions! not amused at all, cannot check what has gone out in the last few days.
    Top wins - £10,000 lottery/daily mirror, £5000 asda vouchers, £1000 washing machine, 2 week canaries cruise, VIP trip to the olympics, 46" 3D TV, personal chef, kitchen aid mixer, £1000 tesco vouchers - latest prize £10,000 road trip with kit Kat
  • glider3560
    glider3560 Posts: 4,115 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    tamalyn wrote: »
    i have logged in today and have the same, got ones dasy worth of transactions! not amused at all, cannot check what has gone out in the last few days.
    If you have online statements then the recent transactions will show under Paper Free Documents. Otherwise you'll have to wait for the "closing statement" to come in the post.
  • Mikeyorks
    Mikeyorks Posts: 10,369 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    tamalyn wrote: »

I thought they'd found a way round this ..... hasn't happened to me for years, And I must have hit 2500 transactions since the last time. Previous link doesn't work since they revised the website to something that now looks a bit Lego'ish. Right hand tab on here :-

http://www.halifax.co.uk/onlinebankinghelp/manage-your-accounts/
    If you want to test the depth of the water .........don't use both feet !
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure